Anyone with a 200 rear tire having any issues??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sean dont take me the wrong way but for the money these cost I would NOT want any rubbing at all . I am actually surprised you even said that ??? You stand behind your work 100% if I am wrong by saying this I'm sorry maybe theres more to it than I am understanding?

i think it depends on what it was advertised to work with. depending on wheel offset theres really not a lot of room to take off of the driveshaft side.

+1, sounds like the least expensive move. Maybe it will help with the tire hitting the fender.

yea. and i think he knows someone with a tire changer

If you go with progressive shock you will love the ride, 440 not available, replace with the 444. I got the 430 and wow what a different, did not think so but it is a huge improvement, I would put a 180 for now and when money is available would do the proper notch and extend it, my is and let me tell you it is worth the money and you can't be disappointed. To me it is not worth selling the bike over this issue, hope you don't go that road anyway.

Thanks everyone I'm not selling her I was just mad when I said that. I rode with my buddy today he just got a M109R it is badass. But my bike smoked him. He was like holy shit that bike is fast. He also has a 2011 R1.
I rode it with the stock shocks today by myself and hit a few bumps and it rubbed again. The swing arm is awesome and it was from Sean but I haven't asked him to do anything I know he would in a second so I am sorry if I insinuated anything like that. Sean actually sent me a swing arm that he did for his friend so I didn't have to wait. I'm thinking it is the style tire that is causing this that is why I was asking what some of you are running on your bikes. Believe me these rims are awesome. It's just my bike looks and rides awesome until I hit a bump. I had progressive 412's on and changed back to the stocks hoping something was wrong with them. I also was getting a shake at 90mph but it has gone away now. It comes at 120 now which I can live with. I'm thinking I might take out the 1inch lowing springs that I installed at the same time as rims.
Garrett yes I might have to change to a 180 for now until I can figure this out. And send Sean it to either extend it or notch it a little more after the riding season. I should have just stuck with the 180 but I had to get a bigger one. Story of my life ;).
Thank you everyone for your comments. I am not selling her that was my anger and disappointment talking.

Thanks everyone I'm not selling her I was just mad when I said that. I rode with my buddy today he just got a M109R it is badass. But my bike smoked him. He was like holy shit that bike is fast. He also has a 2011 R1.
I rode it with the stock shocks today by myself and hit a few bumps and it rubbed again. The swing arm is awesome and it was from Sean but I haven't asked him to do anything I know he would in a second so I am sorry if I insinuated anything like that. Sean actually sent me a swing arm that he did for his friend so I didn't have to wait. I'm thinking it is the style tire that is causing this that is why I was asking what some of you are running on your bikes. Believe me these rims are awesome. It's just my bike looks and rides awesome until I hit a bump. I had progressive 412's on and changed back to the stocks hoping something was wrong with them. I also was getting a shake at 90mph but it has gone away now. It comes at 120 now which I can live with. I'm thinking I might take out the 1inch lowing springs that I installed at the same time as rims.
Garrett yes I might have to change to a 180 for now until I can figure this out. And send Sean it to either extend it or notch it a little more after the riding season. I should have just stuck with the 180 but I had to get a bigger one. Story of my life ;).
Thank you everyone for your comments. I am not selling her that was my anger and disappointment talking.

When you had the 412's on there were they set on the stiffest setting on the spring? I have 412hd's on mine and I'm a big guy and I can ride a passenger no problem but mine is extended too...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

When you had the 412's on there were they set on the stiffest setting on the spring? I have 412hd's on mine and I'm a big guy and I can ride a passenger no problem but mine is extended too...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I've had the 412's for 2years and I alway ride 2up. I'm 6'0 240#'s and it never rubbed before. I thought because I lowered the front springs internally 1inch that was the problem but I was wrong. They are not HD's though.

You are right. We're there to help. For a test go ahead and take off the shield for now. That shield takes up a lot of potential room.

Hope you get it sorted Mark! If not, take those wheels off and send them to me for de-bugging! (kidding) Good luck Bro.

I bought a set of carrezzera rims this winter got a knotched and braced swing arm and the tire is rubbing on both sides of swing arm and my center stand. Just wondering what brand of tires everyone is using with the 200. I'm using the metzler 200/50/18. I also had to replace mud guard I thought is loosened so I changed it today and it hit again.
Is it ok that I am rubbing? Or should I be worried about something bad happening. I also put progressive springs in forks lowered 1 inch. I had 412's on rear but I took my wife out yesterday and over a few bumps we were rubbing in the wheel well. My wife is 5'0 110 lbs and we ride 2up all the time and its never happened before. So I took off the 412's today and put factory shocks back on.
I'm at my whitts end. I'm hoping someone can guide me in the right direction here. If this tire wasn't brand new I would put a 190 on there. I'm just so frustrated right now. (Anyone want to buy a Vmax :bang head:)
I found tyres to be +-5mm at the avarage result. Also that depends form
the rim itself.

I have a friend who put a bike on centerstand, took a die grinder and shaved
the 2mm both sides...was running perfect for 2 seasons. He then bought a new
tyre and this time rubber was 5mm smaller.

You are right. We're there to help. For a test go ahead and take off the shield for now. That shield takes up a lot of potential room.

Hope you get it sorted Mark! If not, take those wheels off and send them to me for de-bugging! (kidding) Good luck Bro.

Button up your shirt cause your heart is falling out lol. What a nice guy willing to debug my rims :rofl_200:
I think I might get my swing arm extended 3inches. But that will be over the winter I can't watch my baby in the garage and not be able to ride her. Plus my wife wouldn't be to happy with me if I had to spend more money to get her right. :bang head:

I found tyres to be +-5mm at the avarage result. Also that depends form
the rim itself.

I have a friend who put a bike on centerstand, took a die grinder and shaved
the 2mm both sides...was running perfect for 2 seasons. He then bought a new
tyre and this time rubber was 5mm smaller.

Thanks prez. I might also try that.

Button up your shirt cause your heart is falling out lol. What a nice guy willing to debug my rims :rofl_200:
I think I might get my swing arm extended 3inches. But that will be over the winter I can't watch my baby in the garage and not be able to ride her. Plus my wife wouldn't be to happy with me if I had to spend more money to get her right. :bang head:
Order the extended swingarm, have it sent to a buddy's house. It won't take but a couple hours to change the swingarm and rear brake line. It will look a little different but not a lot.
LOL,just an idea Mark!:hmmm::whistlin::whistlin:

I'm confused.

Sounds like we are talking about two types of rubbing here.

Width rubbing and circumferential rubbing. .

Two totally different animals and causes.

Don't see how shocks or front end set up would have any impact on width rubbing. Width pretty much has to be wheel, tire, spacer, notching method etc

Circumferential rubbing would have to be tire height, shocks, shock length, different fender or mudguard, fender liner, tailpiece, or shock mount location.

Or maybe I'm just not a good reader!

The reason I changed the shocks was I thought it was causing the rubing fender when I hit a bump. It was causing my 90mph wobble though. But the swing arm rubbing is definitely needs to be notched more or extended. I just did all these mods at the sametime so it was making it hard for me to pinpoint. I think different manufacturers of tire are wider and taller. It's not only rubbing on swing arm but also the center stand. It's frustrating

A shinko in 180 flavor would be a cheap fix to these problems. Sell the 200 to recoup some money

The whole reason I got swing arm notched and braced was to put a 200 on it. I may put a 180 on it for the season and get arm fixed over the winter. Just haven't figured out a way to tell the wife that something is wrong when I spent a shit load of money this winter. I don't want to here I told you so you said this was going to make your bike better and safer. :bang head:

The whole reason I got swing arm notched and braced was to put a 200 on it. I may put a 180 on it for the season and get arm fixed over the winter. Just haven't figured out a way to tell the wife that something is wrong when I spent a shit load of money this winter. I don't want to here I told you so you said this was going to make your bike better and safer. :bang head:

a shinko 200 might even fix the issue. they're usually narrower than the metz of the same flavour. redbone has a 200 shinko verge, perhaps he could get a birds eye measurement of the width. my info shows me a 200 verge is 7.87" wide by 25.87" tall.

Back