Redoing Passenger Seat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaoteay

Reaction score
So I bought my Max partially because it was a better passenger bike then my SV1000S.

When we went for one of our first hour plus rides the other day she said the seat was extremely uncomfortable. (more so than my other bike).

So I decided to try and make it better.

Here's my plan:

1) Buy a spare passenger seat from Ebay (in case things go wrong-like most of my projects) -DONE!

2) I ordered a MEmory Foam mattress info kit to give me a thick (and free) foam to work with. -DONE (but not delievered yet)

3)I'm going to try and use that foam (if it's enough), and then buy another memory foam pillow (or topper) to make the seat out of it. I'm figuring I should be able to cut it with a jigsaw pretty easily.

Any thoughts/ or ideas from you guys?

-JO

Jigsaw might work but an electric knife is best for cutting foam. Rest of the plan sounds good to me. Good luck and take pics. I need to do the same plus my main seat.

So I bought my Max partially because it was a better passenger bike then my SV1000S.

When we went for one of our first hour plus rides the other day she said the seat was extremely uncomfortable. (more so than my other bike).

So I decided to try and make it better.

Here's my plan:

1) Buy a spare passenger seat from Ebay (in case things go wrong-like most of my projects) -DONE!

2) I ordered a MEmory Foam mattress info kit to give me a thick (and free) foam to work with. -DONE (but not delievered yet)

3)I'm going to try and use that foam (if it's enough), and then buy another memory foam pillow (or topper) to make the seat out of it. I'm figuring I should be able to cut it with a jigsaw pretty easily.

Any thoughts/ or ideas from you guys?

-JO

You have an SV1000S??? Really?:punk: Are you a member of www.sv-portal.com I wouldn't get rid of all the stock foam as it's dense enough to hold a lot of weight without breaking down. I would use a little memory foam on it and widen it a bit.

Old pic.

Last edited:
Sounds good to me,

Hey while we're on the seats again, has anybody trimmed the middle section to make in slimmer looking.

Just wondering what it would look like "thinner".

Find some pics of my rear seat mod to get an idea what a better seat looks like (or I can sell you one - LOL). Also, the flip lid just barely covers the rear of the seat right now. If you thin it up it will expose the gas cap area and look like crap.

Sean Morley

You have an SV1000S??? Really?:punk: Are you a member of www.sv-portal.com I wouldn't get rid of all the stock foam as it's dense enough to hold a lot of weight without breaking down. I would use a little memory foam on it and widen it a bit.

Old pic.

I had an SV1000S. I sold it when I bought my Max. I mainly used socalsvriders.org . What do you think about the SV compared to the Max as far as acceleration? I had the TRE mod, so I had full power in my lower gears and I felt like it had a little better low end torque - but obviously doesn't have the max's boost at the end.

If you put the foam in the freezer for a while and then cut it, I have found that its easier to cut.

I had an SV1000S. I sold it when I bought my Max. I mainly used socalsvriders.org . What do you think about the SV compared to the Max as far as acceleration? I had the TRE mod, so I had full power in my lower gears and I felt like it had a little better low end torque - but obviously doesn't have the max's boost at the end.

They are about equal. The SV is quicker out of and into the corners. I use my SV for the curves and the max for the straights. Here's what the SV looks like now but the Max was relatively stock there.

Attachments

• Vmax done #4 9-11-07.jpg
    Vmax done #4 9-11-07.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_1913.jpg
    100_1913.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back