polishing kerker can.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnmax

Reaction score
Anyone ever polish their 4-1 kerker canister?

I did mine yesterday. I started with 220 grit, then 330, then 400, then 600 and finally 1000 then ran it through the buffer. It turned out just OK, I can still see the lines in the can from the manufacturing.

Should I start with a more course grit?

How deep are these lines? they wouldnt be all the way through the whole thickness of the can would they?

I wasnt sure how much metal I could take off.

Any advice would be helpful, thanks

Mines chrome,it had to be polished smooth before chroming!

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 25
Mines chrome,it had to be polished smooth before chroming!

Herc,Did you do something special to get your can mounted down that low?I thought that they are normally pointing up high?

I do like how it looks though!

Herc,Did you do something special to get your can mounted down that low?I thought that they are normally pointing up high?

I do like how it looks though!

He has the mad max 300 kit, the exhaust is done by mad max to fit the rear end

Correction: the kit is a 250 kit and the exhaust was modified by a friend,he just cut the mid pipe[the pipe thats attached to the canister] in half and used one side of the pipe without the upward bend, now it fits right below the shock mount. Paul actually makes a longer mid pipe his exhaust on the big tire bikes sticks out and a little downward I chose to use the Kerker because I had the side mounted tag and there was no place for the UFO duals to fit ,after firing it up with the Kerker I realized I liked the sound better than the UFO that was on there anyway.

Latest posts

Back