Nobody Riding?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
Here in Hungary we've had consistent beautiful weather for the last 11 days. It's been around 80 degrees and sunny. But out of the 9 motorcycle riders in my workplace, only occasionally 1 other person rode his motorcycle. I rode to lunch yesterday alone to the nearest McDonalds - 30 minutes away. Today, more of the same. Not a cloud in the sky, forecast is 82 degrees, and my V-Max sits outside now alone at our shop.

I don't get it. I ride at any opportunity available. It's in my blood. I guess not for others. One guy told me yesterday that he hasn't had his motorcycle out at all this year yet - he has a newer Suzuki Intruder. Seems it's just dying in his garage. Another guy told me he only rides on longer trips, not to work. :confused2:

Probably the main reason is different personalities, I suppose.

My problem this year has been the thunderstorm forecasts in the upstate NY area.

I ride to work and back whenever I can (100 miles round trip), but I go through the Catskill Mountains to do it. The good news is that it is an awesome ride. The downside is that more days than not, there is a forecast of 50+% chance of thunderstorms!

With that said, I've put 5000 miles o. My VMax since August last year (when I bought it).

Here in the Upstate region, if it is 80 and sunny, there are swarms or riders...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't point a finger at anyone for not riding.
I rarely get out on the bike.

Work is always crazy. 11+ hr days are the norm for me. Chances to ride to work are rare since I need to take a work truck most everywhere.

I've been single handedly remodeling my home for the past couple years with no end in site. Hard to get it done when I have to work so many hrs.

Add in 2 young kids, a couple dogs, soccer, family fun time, etc.... I don't get out much.

If there's one good thing about the end of my marriage, thanks to he whose name will not be mentioned, it's that there is more time to ride. Poor trade off, but you gotta take what you can get.

My Vmax or my Buell frequently get ridden 80-120 miles after I get done with work for the day. Nearly every day that it's sunny and I don't have prior arrangements. People that own bikes but don't ride them are a mystery to me too!

BTW- What's on the menu at a McDonald's in Hungary? Anything different than the US?

If there's one good thing about the end of my marriage, thanks to he whose name will not be mentioned, it's that there is more time to ride. Poor trade off, but you gotta take what you can get.

That trade off may not be nearly as poor as it currently seems brother.

I ride even when I have no place to go. Some days the pain is too much to be safe or snow will stop me. I think the release of Far Cry 4 kept me indoors for a couple days too but mostly I dont even need a cage:eusa_dance:

...BTW- What's on the menu at a McDonald's in Hungary? Anything different than the US?

I'm hijacking my own topic a little now, I suppose.
Pretty close to the same, but the names of the sandwiches are in Hungarian except the Big Mac, of course. Occasionally they will have a special "Western" or "American" burger.

The big differences are:

- Hard to find ice for the drinks sometimes. Hungarians rarely use ice - in fact, I don't remember EVER seeing a Hungarian drink anything with ice in it. And I've been living here 7 years! They are taught ice can make them sick or give them a sore throat. Same thought process for using air conditioning (probably some leftover Communist propaganda).

- No free refills.

- I pay the equivalent of about $ .50 for each little packet of ketchup.

- In a McDonald's near Budapest, I had to pay the equivalent of about $ .50 to use the bathroom.

I always loved Taco Bell, but value it even more since the closest one to me is at an Air Base in Italy 6 hours away. But no Mt. Dew here or there.

I'm hijacking my own topic a little now, I suppose.
Pretty close to the same, but the names of the sandwiches are in Hungarian except the Big Mac, of course. Occasionally they will have a special "Western" or "American" burger.

The big differences are:

- Hard to find ice for the drinks sometimes. Hungarians rarely use ice - in fact, I don't remember EVER seeing a Hungarian drink anything with ice in it. And I've been living here 7 years! They are taught ice can make them sick or give them a sore throat. Same thought process for using air conditioning (probably some leftover Communist propaganda).

- No free refills.

- I pay the equivalent of about $ .50 for each little packet of ketchup.

- In a McDonald's near Budapest, I had to pay the equivalent of about $ .50 to use the bathroom.

I always loved Taco Bell, but value it even more since the closest one to me is at an Air Base in Italy 6 hours away. But no Mt. Dew here or there.

Lol, I must be Hungarian then. I haven't put ice in my drink since I can remember!

If Taco Bell had pay toilets here they would quadruple their profit margin!

Lol, I must be Hungarian then. I haven't put ice in my drink since I can remember!

If Taco Bell had pay toilets here they would quadruple their profit margin!

I would buy some shares, and shares of commercial grade (untra thin single ply) rectum ribbon. The stuff thats so thin that when you grab a square and tug it lacks the tensile strength to move the roll. I have heard about pay stalls and pay for paper here stateside but never actually seen any.

Back