Mistery part from Venture Forks, Assist please.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caseyjones955

Reaction score
This is a long shot but I need some help identifying these so I can find replacements. These tumbled out of the fork lowers of my 1989 Venture Royale. I have never seen these in a fork before, they do not appear on the exploded view of the Venture manual, its as if they do not exist. I asked on the Venture board and surprisingly got no hits on this particular part, although they are a fantastic bunch of highly knowledgeable folks and have provided a ton of information on everything else. Figured I would try it here and see.

I ordered the new OEM seals, dust cups, upper and lower fork bushings from Boats.net and their exploded view is the same as in the manual and omits these altogether.

This is a pic of the part, I think they snap right onto the end of the damper, seal side upwards. They came out loose and the forks were a real PITA to break down so I'm not certain. Any help deeply appreciated, my Venture is on jack stands on the deck until I sort this out.

Attachments

• seals.jpg
    seals.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 25
Possibly an aftermarket "emulator" of some sort helping to control the dampening. Gary (Dingy) would possibly be your best option for identification.

Yup, thats where I'm at for the Venture stuff, a great forum indeed, it's like the Venture version of this forum, it's that good.

I thought it was an OEM thing because of how slick it snaps onto the end of the damper rod. Here is a pic of how I think it is supposed to go.

Thanks for the info, I'll see if Dingy can ID these.

Pls excuse the crappy photos, wife has the Camera in her car and I had to use my cell.

Attachments

• Seals2.jpg
    Seals2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 21
  • seals3.jpg
    seals3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 14
This might help.

Gary

Attachments

• IMG_0869.JPG
    IMG_0869.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 20
  • part fiche 91 venture.jpg
    part fiche 91 venture.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0871.JPG
    IMG_0871.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 15
Here is picture of other lower pieces, 3 thin washers, 2 flat, 1 wave which goes between the 2 flat washers.

Gary

Attachments

• 24%20WinCE.jpg
    24%20WinCE.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 12
Seat plate. I got it now, my exploded doesn't show that part and I see Yamaha has them discontinued.
Yamaha # 2WR-2318U-00-00 not available anywhere that I can see, I'll scour for a used one but it helps to know this much, if I can find even one I'll be able to get my stuff back together and I'll relay this info on the other site incase anyone else stumbles across this issue in the future. You guys are amazing!

Thanks for all the information.

I have one, cheap.

Gary

Attachments

• tmp_6482-20160926_171255-706369996.jpg
    tmp_6482-20160926_171255-706369996.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 11
Back