New exhaust after crash

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor_eyerdhal

Reaction score
Last year in june i crashed the Vmax (and me) on the Carole circuit near Paris.
At about 70-80 mph.

The Strapps slippons didn't survive to the track grinding....

I decided to buy a true 4in2 exhaust line with Strapps mufflers at the end.
So i bought from Seam a brand new Voodoo 4 in 2 exhaust line with mégaphones mufflers (The collectors ends of the Marks exhaust are wider and sadly don't give an esthetic result)

To prevent a burnishing color of the stainless steel tubes, i asked Sean to chrome them before shipping.

The diameter of the Voodoo mufflers is exactly the same as the Strapps slip-ons, so i remove the inner cores, and replace it with Strapps ones (i shortened the end of the Voodoo mufflers a bit since they are cylindrical at the big end)

Here is the result :

voodoo11.jpg

voodoo12.jpg

voodoo13.jpg

voodoo14.jpg

I also installed special Strapps japanese db killers, the sound is really good and quieter than with Strapps Slip-ons, now on the bike the sound of the Morley intake kit is clearer and nasty. I have to check the jetting and power to control the gain or loss.
After about one year the bike is reviving :)

Last year in june i crashed the Vmax (and me) on the Carole circuit near Paris.
At about 70-80 mph.

The Strapps slippons didn't survive to the track grinding....

I decided to buy a true 4in2 exhaust line with Strapps mufflers at the end.
So i bought from Seam a brand new Voodoo 4 in 2 exhaust line with mégaphones mufflers (The collectors ends of the Marks exhaust are wider and sadly don't give an esthetic result)

To prevent a burnishing color of the stainless steel tubes, i asked Sean to chrome them before shipping.

The diameter of the Voodoo mufflers is exactly the same as the Strapps slip-ons, so i remove the inner cores, and replace it with Strapps ones (i shortened the end of the Voodoo mufflers a bit since they are cylindrical at the big end)

Here is the result :

voodoo11.jpg

voodoo12.jpg

voodoo13.jpg

voodoo14.jpg

I also installed special Strapps japanese db killers, the sound is really good and quieter than with Strapps Slip-ons, now on the bike the sound of the Morley intake kit is clearer and nasty. I have to check the jetting and power to control the gain or loss.
After about one year the bike is reviving :)

That’s a very nice looking bike. Exhaust looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back