HID Headlight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmax54

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am considering switching to a HID headlight. Which kit seems to work best. DDM says they only have a low beam setup. Haven't checked with anyone else yet. This will go in a 2016 Vmax. Thanks.

I had a ddm h4. It was fine. I'm running an h4 led now. Also fine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I agree, go with the Phillips brand if you do this. I had hid on my VMax until the bulb blew one evening and no one stocked them at that time locally, screwed myself for not having spare bulb. Had to convert back to h4 in a dark parking lot. I went from that point to a headlight relay that powers headlight direct from the battery. Using a 100/80 bulb and like it better.

Be careful to use strong wattage filament bulb type. Due the extra heat dissipation. More worried the reflector can handle the heat. :confused2:

Well, couple years with high wattage and no issues yet. Hid's get hotter than hell also. Don't really like the light output from LED's, expensive also.

Well, couple years with high wattage and no issues yet. Hid's get hotter than hell also. Don't really like the light output from LED's, expensive also.

Yeah I did the led route and feel the same.
They are not where the HID's are yet.
I didn't just do the led h4 replacement either.
I replaced the hole thing

I'm wanting to covert over to "Daymaker" type LED headlight, ordered one from Ebay,said it would fit, but, no way to remove trim ring from stock headlight to install bulb. I have aftermarket 7" headlight sbucket I used to mount faring, any ideas? Was truly wanting to retain stock 5.75" bucket, just have no idea how...…..thanks, Steve Kent

Latest posts

Back