VMax Parts Compatibility List by Year

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks mate.. appreciate it. now i can get one off ebay and get the thing sold :D

lots of hassle trying to find the leak and it's 2 little pin holes near the drain plug.. looking at it, i'm sure it's a common fault

My 1985 needs a piston, the markings on the rod is YO3 1FK0003, do you think a Y21 from a 2006 will fit? I mVmax motor out of frame with frame 2.jpgight part it out I'm not sure yet.

If it spun a bearing do not rebuild the cases as they will be distorted and the bearing will fail again very soon. BUT, to answer the basic question that will it fit is a yes. You would want to weigh the rod and make them weight all the same. Here's a quick look at the variety of the years.

Attachments

• Rod Variety.jpg
    Rod Variety.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 2
Good Job ...very useful!!
I have a daut about;
"M. Starter Relay: Changed in 1990 to a higher resistance coil. 1985-1989, 36Y-81940-00-00, 1990 on= 3UF-81940-00-00... Wiring completely changed but it is possible to swap with a jumper wire added in on the later years."
Do you have details of the installation of this "jumper wire"?
Best regards.

https://www.vmaxforum.net/threads/puzzled.51755/page-3#post-521994
Read this entire thread, it should help.

1985-'89 diagram, note there is overlap.
VMax USA 85-89 wiring.png
1678802643336.png_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Below is 1990-'07, again, overlap.

VMax USA 1990-03 wiring.01.pngVMax USA 1990-03 wiring.02.png

Attachments

• VMax USA 85-89 wiring.02.png
    VMax USA 85-89 wiring.02.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
https://www.vmaxforum.net/threads/puzzled.51755/page-3#post-521994
Read this entire thread, it should help.

1985-'89 diagram, note there is overlap.
View attachment 88160
View attachment 88163_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Below is 1990-'07, again, overlap.

View attachment 88161View attachment 88162
Thank you Fire-medic..very good information..

When the clutch housing is removed, there is a shift drum component. If a pin is pulled out of this part, it will cause problems such as not being able to shift gears.

IMG_0444.jpeg
This part was changed to a countermeasure part in 1998 or so.
The following image shows the part that has been replaced.

IMG_0443.jpeg

Note that many vehicles prior to 1998 did not have this component replaced.
When replacing the clutch, we recommend removing the clutch housing and checking and replacing this component.

+++++

The material of the push lever between the clutch release and clutch has been changed.
Originally, the push lever was thought to be brass, but due to uneven wear, it has been changed to iron or stainless steel.

Below is the push lever on my Vmax (1999 2LT).
It shows uneven wear on the clutch release side.
You can see a distinct bump when you touch it with your finger.

IMG_0445.jpeg

It is unclear when this part was changed, but it has been used since at least 1999 or earlier.

The push lever can be replaced by removing the clutch release or clutch housing.
When overhauling the clutch release, take out the push lever and check the color of the push lever.

If the push lever is gold, it is an old part.
Replace it with a countermeasure part.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back