Vmax rim swaps

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your going to spend the money on a conversion, I'd do a 5.5" rim

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Which year/model is a 5.5. These ones I just picked up are rather narrow, and might be sold to a friend already but unsure at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I offer, both 17" and 18" rear by 5-1/2 inch.

Are you planning to use LCR in the United Kingdom? Are you in the USA? Auburn, what state? By the time you pay for the wheels, shipping, and the work, you probably could buy a rear wheel cheaper from me.

LCR in Rochester New York. I'm in New York as well. I can have the work done for 400 including paint and tire remounted.

Which year/model is a 5.5. These ones I just picked up are rather narrow, and might be sold to a friend already but unsure at the moment.

I know early 90's gsxr 750 and fzr 1000 wheels from around 94 are good candidates for 17 x5.5 wheels with a hub that has enough meat to machine and weld.

There are quite a few options but your best bet is to talk to LCR about what works best for the conversion. They have been doing these for a long time.

I know early 90's gsxr 750 and fzr 1000 wheels from around 94 are good candidates for 17 x5.5 wheels with a hub that has enough meat to machine and weld.

There are quite a few options but your best bet is to talk to LCR about what works best for the conversion. They have been doing these for a long time.

Yeah, he gave me a list of rims that would work, but garage madness might have led to the list being lost. I seen the R6 has a 5.5" rim, and would be a great candidate as well, due to wanting the front forks as well. I looked into others but couldn't see many past 4"-5" in width, and seen a lot that were 18" as well in those sizes. I got these rims for $75 just as pictured so I will not cry about that in any way at all lol. Just couldn't leave them behind.

Throwing my rims as an option for your rim choices.

Front rim is a stock 85 five spoke rim and the rear is a combination of a Vrod outer rim mated to the Vmax hub.

Mike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 133
Diversion 900 is shaft drive but is too narrow to fit anything wider than 150...
Fzr 1000 rear wheel as gsxr are good to weld vmax hub,pretty much same diameter in center.

Yeah, he gave me a list of rims that would work, but garage madness might have led to the list being lost. I seen the R6 has a 5.5" rim, and would be a great candidate as well, due to wanting the front forks as well. I looked into others but couldn't see many past 4"-5" in width, and seen a lot that were 18" as well in those sizes. I got these rims for $75 just as pictured so I will not cry about that in any way at all lol. Just couldn't leave them behind.

17" by 5.5" give you a wide selection of tires to choose from. I'm very pleased with the 17' Kosman wheels and how the Vmax handles with them. Thanks to Sean finding me a front match, I got into radial wheels very cheap. Some DIY labor involved, but worth it.

Attachments

• Kosmans.jpg
    Kosmans.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 133
17" by 5.5" give you a wide selection of tires to choose from. I' very pleased with the 17' Kosman wheels and how the Vmax handles with them. Thanks to Sean finding me a front match, I got into radial wheels very cheap. Some DIY labor involved, but worth it.

That looks sweet!

17" by 5.5" give you a wide selection of tires to choose from. I'm very pleased with the 17' Kosman wheels and how the Vmax handles with them. Thanks to Sean finding me a front match, I got into radial wheels very cheap. Some DIY labor involved, but worth it.

That’s a very nice looking bike! Love the rims and color. I’m in the process of getting my rear swing arm cleaned up and ready for a brace, and waiting for the call saying the rim is done. I don’t want the extra cost, but think I might have them pc’d black chrome. Not sure yet on that one. I seen a set of those Kosman rims at the shop on a bike, and they weren’t nearly as clean as yours but still looked pretty sharp.

'02 or so GSXR -1000 17x6 rim, 'Busa almost identical.... 190/50/17 tire. Kosman built it. Originally bought an '01 R1 rim, same size, but not big enough center. Otec billet arm will take up to a 200 wide. With an adjustable swingarm pin on the "non-adjustable" side, able to almost center the tire...... off by maybe 1/4" at most, goes straight over 140 mph.

Attachments

• KIMG0079.jpg
    KIMG0079.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 89
  • KIMG0151.jpg
    KIMG0151.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 80
I had finally got mine done. Was rummaging thru posts here and seen I’d contribute to what I started. Gen 1 hayabusa ; forks, front and rear rotors and brakes, front and rear rims as well. IMG_2048.jpgIMG_0470.jpg

'02 or so GSXR -1000 17x6 rim, 'Busa almost identical.... 190/50/17 tire. Kosman built it. Originally bought an '01 R1 rim, same size, but not big enough center. Otec billet arm will take up to a 200 wide. With an adjustable swingarm pin on the "non-adjustable" side, able to almost center the tire...... off by maybe 1/4" at most, goes straight over 140 mph.

What is that top triple? That looks pretty sweet.

Yes, LCR did the rear wheel for me.

What was the total cost for this? i've been trying to find someone to do the swap for the GSX wheel i have, but the fab shop that i usually would go to in my city closed.

I have an 18" by 5-1/2" rim ready-to-go, much-closer to a stock wheel/tire height.

I just went to an 18 inch in the rear. Running a 200/55/18 rear and 120/70/18 front.

Attachments

• IMG951642.jpg
    IMG951642.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG951644.jpg
    IMG951644.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG951643.jpg
    IMG951643.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 72

Latest posts

Back