Thunder 2015 - dont miss it!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question, My wife isn't into the bike thing but kinda wants to go. How many other people are bringing their wifes and what else is around for them to do? I might end up coming without her...Really wish she could get over the bike thing but Oh well...

I know there is the referenced Flight 93 not too far away. There is also a nice local winery that we went to last year and had a good time sampling the wines. We did end up buying quite a few bottles that were very good. You can drive down to the Johnstown Thunder event to see various vendors and there are live concerts all around the town. The incline lift is a nice ride up to see all around the Johnstown valley. As Marsmax85 stated, check with the local Johnstown chamber of commerce for events and things to do at: http://johnstownchamber.com/

See you there!!!

picture.php

Just made my reservation for my first ever Thunder. I sure don't know what to expect but looking forward to meeting you guys.

Last year was my first time there meeting people who you chat with was nice and seeing all those vmaxxes together in one spot priceless and of course catching some wind with the hooligans was a treat . :punk:

Question, My wife isn't into the bike thing but kinda wants to go. How many other people are bringing their wifes and what else is around for them to do? I might end up coming without her...Really wish she could get over the bike thing but Oh well...

If the women are history buffs, the site of the Johnstone Flood is only a short drive away. There is an interpretive center and museum overlooking the remains of the dike that broke. http://www.jaha.org/FloodMuseum/history.html
The aformentioned Flight 93 memorial is very moving, and a "must see"
The whole area is very beautiful. Lots of rolling hills/scenic look-offs.
Cheers!

Alright folks, in the interest of like minded vmax owners I will be going to Thunder but will have to trailer my bike. I just got back from Guam where a long ride was 60 miles so I'm not even gonna attempt to ride. I have an 18' enclosed trailer that will be all but empty with just my bike. I'm driving a crew cab dodge and will have 2 seats available maybe more. My route will be from Enid OK to PA. If you are on the way and want to carpool give me a shout and we can talk. [email protected]

That cool, I am only about 5 1/2 hours out and either putting it in my truck or on a trailer too. Not all about trying to figure out fuel stops along the way... Plus always have a back up plan encase something happens to either vehicle...lol Where are you stationed at now?

Well I guess I won't be going this year once again. I got pulled over and ticketed yesterday 56-in a 35. It's gonna be ugly- I have a CDL.. I have to wait a couple of days to hopefully not ruin my anniversary this weekend. I guess I will tell her on sunday evening...So much for not having a ticket in 8 years....

Well I guess I won't be going this year once again. I got pulled over and ticketed yesterday 56-in a 35. It's gonna be ugly- I have a CDL.. I have to wait a couple of days to hopefully not ruin my anniversary this weekend. I guess I will tell her on sunday evening...So much for not having a ticket in 8 years....
DOOD seriously take this advise fight the ticket even if your at fault I have a CDL and have fought two tickets the first time I got it cut in half the second time the cop never showed up the magistrate made me wait for an hour and the reluctantly had to let me go, so fight it the worst that can happen is you'll end up with the same ticket you already have !!

DOOD seriously take this advise fight the ticket even if your at fault I have a CDL and have fought two tickets the first time I got it cut in half the second time the cop never showed up the magistrate made me wait for an hour and the reluctantly had to let me go, so fight it the worst that can happen is you'll end up with the same ticket you already have !!
Agreed!
If driving is your livelihood it's worth taking the time to show up in court.
Just be respectful and honest. Tell the judge you depend on your license to support your family. You can't afford to have this on your record.
Maybe you will be granted some leniency.

Is there a forgiveness law in Va? Check. In some states, 3 years with a clean record gets you off once. Do, at the least, show up and fight the ticket and hope the magistrate has some sympathy for your livelihood. Best case, get a lawyer known for doing well with this kind of litigation. I beat an 80 in a 60 (I was going way faster and hit the brakes hard on the Vmax when I saw the fine officer) a couple of years ago by my self. But, I got a great magistrate that let me off with a warning. Best of luck with it.
Steve-o

Question, My wife isn't into the bike thing but kinda wants to go. How many other people are bringing their wifes and what else is around for them to do? I might end up coming without her...Really wish she could get over the bike thing but Oh well...[/QUOTE]

Mine isn't into riding either, so I can't think of one reason to bring her. She does stuff I'm not into too, but we meet in the middle and do other stuff together. Remember, we're not right in the middle of the Johnstown action and ride a lot, so unless she's into riding, bikers,partying, take her to Atlantic City or where she likes to go,later. Will she enjoy herself? I'm getting there early, gassed up (the bike I mean) and ready to have a blast. Can't wait, to see you all.
Steve-o

My wife won't make the trip she will ride on short 75 mile trips with plenty of stops (ass breaks) so I decided to bring my girlfriend instead J/K of course girlfriend doesn't like riding bikes !:biglaugh:

Sweet looking forward to seeing my first chain drive V-Max in person.

Ohhh there will be a couple chain drives there for sure. I know of one that is a legend in itself for eating up competitors that run on the dyno against it.

THUNDER 2015 VENDOR SPONSORS ARE POURING IN NOW......

Make sure to bring your wallets. We will have plenty of items for raffle at various ticket prices since we have price tagged items up to $1000 donated at this time.

There will also be a 50/50 raffle too!!!

Checkout the VMOA site for our current list of sponsors: www.VMOA.net

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VMOA INSIGHT - The VMOA has always been a non-profit group, but free membership since 2013 with the cease publishing of the VBOOST magazine. All funds raised at the Thunder event go to paying for food, rentals, banners, overhead items for the event, additional raffle items, domain/website funding and any other VMOA event hosting items alike. If it wasnt for our attendees and generous sponsors, Thunder wouldnt be what it is today! I personally want to thank everyone in advance for their support of this event and of course all our SPONSORS too!!!:punk:

Latest posts

Back