VMAX CASTINGS gaging interest

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedmax

Reaction score
I'm trying to gage interest on doing (having done) A or some VMAX castings, The guy I would be working with on this can do Items from the size of a button or lapel pin up to a belt buckle . All he needs is a picture . I was thinkin a 30th anniversary belt buckle or maybe Gen I or Gen II buckle but that's why I'm asking. All I have for pricing info (tentatively) is $50 per buckle with an order of at least 12 , could come down with larger order.

I can also get pricing on smaller items if were interested and can agree on designs.

Any ideas or interest please respond here , or email possible designs to [email protected]

This guy is a home grown craftsman like myself , my interest in this project is two fold,1st is to help this craftsman grow his business ,2nd is to provide fellow VMAXers with a QUALITY very limited VMAX keepsake . Belt buckle , pin , coin/medallion , Ect .

If I continue to build seats after my current parts run out , the next maxgassers will have a little bronze "tag" on them with the MAXGASSER logo.So any of you business guys looking for a unique way to Identify your products , this may be an option .

I'd be interested in something like a belt bucket (Gen 1 of course 8^))

Did you see what it would cost to do in a billet part instead of casting? With the modern high speed maching this is becoming cheaper all the time. Lots of potential out there though!

We have some casting places locally and a simple word of caution (that won't matter on a buckle). The shrinkage is about 5% if I remember correctly so you'd need to design the part to be slightly larger if the end size mattered much.

He doesn't do any "lost/wasted wax" castings by chance (for cheap lol) does he? I know one of the guys on here wanted to do some cast intakes for carbs at one point.

Sean

He does what I said he does , if you have connections maybe you could offer better services ? He does quality SMALL CASTINGS and I'm sure he is aware of the issues involved with the process. Thanks for your input

Do you have any pics of the work? You mentioned bronze? What all does he cast with? Just that or? I have a friend that does a lot of mounted shooting and I bet them may be interested in having some larger buckles made like typically seen at rodeos. Is that in the size spectrum you're talking about?

I have castes emblems on my riding jacket. Adding one that is a Vmax would be the shit. I'd prefer it to be 2-3 inches minimum. No sense in having some 3/4 inch thing on there.
I've seen the Oval Vmax script belt buckles which to me are so so. I rather have a high relief image of my Gen 1s on it. That's just one mans input. Thanks for sharing Rick. Very cool idea.

I have castes emblems on my riding jacket. Adding one that is a Vmax would be the shit. I'd prefer it to be 2-3 inches minimum. No sense in having some 3/4 inch thing on there.
I've seen the Oval Vmax script belt buckles which to me are so so. I rather have a high relief image of my Gen 1s on it. That's just one mans input. Thanks for sharing Rick. Very cool idea.

your avitar would be cool in cast , maybe start a new "steel patch" ( I know their not steel, their brass or bronze ) but more small patch size with a pin for attachment ?

He does what I said he does , if you have connections maybe you could offer better services ? He does quality SMALL CASTINGS and I'm sure he is aware of the issues involved with the process. Thanks for your input

That was kind of aggressive don't you think Rick? :ummm:

I'm in for two of my Avatar if that ever came to fruition.
I like the idea of anything "one off" or short production run of any emblem, buckle, stick on.
I hope we see something.
Dear "Harshman", I've been a good boy this year. Please bring me a
Casting in my sock this year! I promise not to ask repetitive questions and be Captain Obvious.
Your friend, PATMAX.

I'm still waiting for pics from the artist , his background is as a jeweler, but he's a pipe fitter by day trying to grow this business. One way or another he WIL be doing some work for me.

The Examples he sent me are here , 2 1/2 X 3 1/2 is his largest capacity and dime size his smallest.

Attachments

• Casting examples.zip
    158.6 KB · Views: 37
I see some buckles in there and the work looks nice for sure! I'll see if my horse riding friends are interested in having some made up.

Can he do thin material work? Thinking some badges for the exhaust cans on the systems we build.

Sean

yes big like the rodeo buckle are...I would you this chrome Vmax and this Yamaha logo behind it and all centered on a big oval buckle...IMO

Attachments

• vmax silver.jpg
    vmax silver.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 14
  • yamaha red.jpg
    yamaha red.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 13
That would be a cool design , size is limited to 2 1/2 X 3 1/2

Make it happen...im in for one....

in for one buckle? Do you have any design suggestions , I like Patmax's avatar , and Im sure there are lots of other Vmax designs out there , lets try to get some posted for ideas and then I'll proceed on my end . we could do a VMF Pin too V - MAX FAMILY ,and just design our own "logo":confused2:

I think the Vmax logo inset like the '85 tins would make for a good belt buckle. Based on the PDF you posted with images of his work it seems something like that would be a walk in the park. Anyone a graphic design guy here in the community? I'd give it go, but mspaint fail art is probably not what anyone is looking for.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back