Pulsar coil pickup?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This sounds like a noob question but what does the pulsar coil pickup have anything to do with the charging system or only control spark/ignition?.. I still have to do the R1 R/R upgrade yet..I replaced the stator and R/R from Rick's Motorsports still only charging at 12.7V-13.2V @ 4000rpm plus voltage steadily drops when bike gets warm anyway...tia

Go to Roadstercycle.com , read the whole home page about the Shindengen regulators.
Get the kit with wiring and a charge monitor from Exactrep. Your all set!

I thought I had a problem with my charging system after buying a used 91. After a little research and advice from this forum, I removed the left passenger foot rest to inspect the condition of the ground, leading from the R/R. Sure enough, there were heaps of corrosion where the R/R heat-sink, (which is the footrest itself), connects to the rest of the frame. So, out came the Dremel tool with a wire brush to clean both male and female connection points.. I reassembled, adding dielectric grease, not only to that, but on all connections I could get to. Battery charging system worked fine after that.. Few years later, I opted for a lithium battery.. I like the power and lightness of it. So far, it's been running great (6-7 years later)

Hope this helps..
Good luck with that.

Latest posts

Back