Flasher unit for LED turn signals.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky13

Reaction score
I am planning to convert my '92 to LED turn signals and noticed the flasher unit is a rectangular unit with maybe 5 wires. I've converted a 650 Honda and 650 Kawasaki in the past and they used the common automotive style round 3 wire flasher unit. I was able to buy an LED flasher unit for those online. Just wondering what flasher unit people are using for LED retrofit on V Maxes.

Sean Morley has a nice flasher unit, hmm did I just type that? My inner Jamie just showed itself!
Anyways contact Sean and he'll get what you need.

I'm still trying to figure out why there are so many wires going to the factory unit. Maybe I just have to tap into 3.

I'm still trying to figure out why there are so many wires going to the factory unit.

...and the answer is:
Brown - +12 V
Black - Earth
White/ green - To speedo reed switch
Brown/ white - To indicator swirch feed to L & R indicators
Yellow/ red = To indicator switch; unsure of its purpose

They are there for the self-cancel function. Replacing the stock flasher with any other unit causes you to lose the function. Consider using resistors to fool the stock relay into thinking there are real light bulbs in the sockets, thus keeping flash rate from hyperflashing..

I put one of those adjustable flashers in my Road Star, it worked great, and still does, but the signals no longer self cancel.

Latest posts

Back