The Vmax seat thread! The all seat thread!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Who do you think makes the best replacement seat?

Does having a lower seat height have disadvantages. I am 6'1 and dont have any troubles with the stock seat. I like the look of sportmax weave seat and would probably choose it, but will lowering the seat for a taller rider lead to me being uncomfortable??

The comfort, and handling improvement of the lowered seat will outshine the small amount of scrunch your legs will have to do.

I am speaking from experience. I am 6' 2" and have had:
the stock seat with stock controls,
lowered seat with stock controls,
and lowered seat with forward controls, which is where I am now.

I originally tried the Sportmax seat and it did'nt help with butt fatigue. I then did a custom modified corbin (local guy not Seans) which seems to have solved the problem. Keep in mind different bar and footpeg positions will also effect butt comfort.

Vmax seat

I am looking to replace all 3 pieces of the seat and not sure which one to buy. I have seen several comanies that rebuild your seat however I would hate to spend $$$$ on something I have no idea about. Any recemmendations.

I have of one of Sean's original seats and It has been great, I am currenty ordering one of the wider replacement rears and needed to borrow a stocker, I don't think so. I will be ordering a whole new one just to not have to fige up my curent till rear comes in.
Sean is a true great guy and will take care of you.

I've got RMSportmax's Sportmax seat and absolutely love it.

I'm 6' and am running UFO drag bars and WR's rearsets and yes my legs are bent more now but the comfort is incredible.

I have the original corbin seat. The saet is just OK but if you have hyway pegs mounted to the crash bars then the seat is great! IMO

I am looking at getting the sportmax seat however they are 5-6 moths out. How does the UFO Star fighter seat compare to the Sportmax. Comfort? Quality?

Ordered the seat from Sean Morley. Extremely fast reply on e-mail. Pictures he sent looks like good quality work. Looking forward to getting it.

Last edited:

I am looking at getting the sportmax seat however they are 5-6 moths out. How does the UFO Star fighter seat compare to the Sportmax. Comfort? Quality?

They are all about the same...

Good luck with UFO...:whistlin:

I would and did go with Sean Morley's seat... Awesome comfort and quality and he stands behind his work 120%

I can't say enough about my experience...:thumbs up:

The corbins biggest issue is the width at the thigh area. I tried to attach a photo of the reshaped corbin but am "exceeding my quota". Wonder if Buster can help me out here? We cut the seat down everywhere and replace some of the foam since the corbin stuff is so hard.

UFO's seats and Sportmax seats are good enough though I have taken in trades of both types. Of course they didn't offer the options I did either. Not sure if anyone besides me is even offering to rework the corbins.

Sean

That is a really nice piece of work.

Can the corbin style seat shown in the photo's be reworked to include the V-max hinged centrepiece and eliminate that stupid Corbin gas tank access plug?

...or why can't this seat arrangement be hinged down one side to open like the Honda CB750k series?

Last edited:

no real "practical" way to change the fuel access without making a new pan and if we do that we won't even be reworking the corbin as much as building from scratch (which is a lot more expensive). Hinging it might work but you won't have any method to hold it in place very well since the tabs would have to be removed.

Sean

The corbins biggest issue is the width at the thigh area. I tried to attach a photo of the reshaped corbin but am "exceeding my quota". Wonder if Buster can help me out here? We cut the seat down everywhere and replace some of the foam since the corbin stuff is so hard.

UFO's seats and Sportmax seats are good enough though I have taken in trades of both types. Of course they didn't offer the options I did either. Not sure if anyone besides me is even offering to rework the corbins.

Sean
That seat looks good. Could you PM me a price quote and some info on where to send it? Thats if you still rework corbin seats. I'll probably send it to you this winter. I dont have any problems with mine besides it being too wide and ugly.

I dont have any problems with mine besides it being too wide and ugly.

They are that... :whistlin:

Not bad from the side but looking at it from the back it makes the bike twice as wide...

UFO seat mod?

Anybody use the UFO seat? I'm thinking about it for my '85. Thanks, Jay

Re: UFO seat mod?

Anybody use the UFO seat? I'm thinking about it for my '85. Thanks, Jay

Since you live in my home town and the town I still reside in I will give you a little advise that you should follow...

DO NOT GIVE UFO ANY OF YOUR MONEY!

There's a reason why I haven't been to bike night M8 and it all stems from dealing with them... Namely Jon!

Sean Morley is your man Jay!

Top right corner! Great guy and great customer service. I should have mine shortly so you can check it out if you like. :thumbs up:

Right Sean? Shortly?:whistlin:

Seats for the Mad Man...

I recently bought my first bike (2003 VMax), and I am eager to change the seat... I have seen corbin, UFO, and Blue Ridge Mountain SportMax seats.... I like the lower center section look... Any suggestion / opinions? Anything would be helpful... especially if tere is a company not to deal with... Thanks in advance!

Re: Seats for the Mad Man...

I recently bought my first bike (2003 VMax), and I am eager to change the seat... I have seen corbin, UFO, and Blue Ridge Mountain SportMax seats.... I like the lower center section look... Any suggestion / opinions? Anything would be helpful... especially if tere is a company not to deal with... Thanks in advance!

Hey M8... This question has been beat to death so I merged all the threads together... Give it a read...

There's a lot of good info here! :thumbs up:

Sean Morley just shipped mine today! :banana:

I've got a Corbin Saddle and I'm not too fond of it. I think I'll be sending it to Sean Morely as well to get narrowed up a bit and maybe make it a little cushier, I'm not sure. I know it needs narrowed for sure.
I put 200 miles on the Max last Saturday and at the end I was glad to get off the thing for certain.

Latest posts

Back