Beware of LeatherUp.com

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

putin

Reaction score
Bought a jacket from them - 4 metal snaps fall apart immediately! On the site only 5 star reviews, when i tried to post mine - they did not post it. 5 star reviews has a lot of misleading info, like "one guy bought a 2 sizes larger jacket - fits perfectly, another one bought his own size, but it is too big!" I bought this thing http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Lea...ack-Leather-Striped-Racing-Jacket/400229.html

Both my brother and I bought from them. Vmax Mike warred me, so I ordered a 5x. that jacket that came was MAYBE 2x. seems that they mesure at the armpits instead of at the chest. even at that it was 4 inches small. Jim ordered a 2x and it was about the same size as my 5x- much to big because he ordered large. returned both. I got refund, Jim got another jacket that was too small this time and the zipper broke right out of the box. Sent it back and got a refund. Had to write dispute to CC to get the shipping charges back.

I tried to post a review and like above they did not post my poor reviews.

Place is a piece of crap

Good to know,
I'm going to need a new Jacket come Spring.
I guess I won't be looking at Leatherup.com for one.

leatherup line is cheap (made in Pakistan). leather looks ok, but the product itself is unpredictable. I am 6 foot, 68 kg, no belly, athletic build. ordered medium - sleeves 1 inch longer, body 1-2 inches shorter. Feels bulky. Still don't get how you guys ordering sizes larger (maybe different models)? Anyway, i will keep it. Bought snaps on Amazon and will replace original. At least zipper is working.

I have ordered quite a bit from Leatherup.. I have never once had an issue with sizing. I ordered a Lg buffalo leather jacket.. had it for 3 years now and it has been awesome. Quality is great, fit is just fine.

They used the same metal snaps on one layer of leather and on four layers. Stem is too short, that's why they rivets are fall apart! Maybe you are lucky having a good quality jacket, like 100% of their 5 star reviewers:) There are nothing less than 5 stars on all products. I think that's a scam.

Just forget to mention this kind of lie "I bought it for my husband and he is happy":) The same crap on Amazon

I have used them heaps I have probably bought 8 jackets from them , 5 sissybar bags , 5 pairs of leather pants . Never had a problem with them but sizes do run small but the reviews tell you that , my leather over pants are a little big but they also a little long but that's a good thing .
Some of their jackets do you a bit cheap but I usually buy the premium grade not the top grade . Sipping has usually been quick also , get in contact as the will fix you up . :punk:

I try to stay away from the online stores that sell cheap stuff as well as good stuff. After a few unhappy purchases I now buy my gear exclusively from www.revzilla.com. Free shipping over $50 and you have a month to return anything you buy no questions asked. And, they only sell quality products.

As someone who has been in the business of Motorcycle apparel vendors and their products for almost 20 years due to my association with the Iron Horse Saloon....

I have found that the axiom "You get what you pay for" is so appropriate when it comes to motorcycle Leathers!

Everyone involved in Motorcycle events from vendors to Venues know the truth about the Pakistani leather industry:

• The Leather is of the poorest quality
  • The curing process that is used is substandard
  • The non leather parts are the very cheapest and are of very poor quality, (Snaps & zippers)
  • But by far the worst is their dyeing methods (do not wear any Pakistani leather goods if you might ride through some rain)... when wet the dye will bleed right out of the leather and unto your clothes and or your skin!
  • They have very little quality control (it is not important to them)
  • The Pakistani Leather industry regularly dumps tons of leather goods at very low wholesale prices to vendors in America.... (Shame on them for Buying and selling this crap but they figure you will never see them again after the event so you are fair game!)
  • Many of the Leather vendors at biker events are Pakistani and actually work for the Leather MFG. back in Pakistan.
  • This is why they sell their goods so cheap...
You must be careful when you look at leathers, especially at biker events... if the prices are incredibly low it is because it is Pakistani leather... Be doubly aware that many vendors who sell this leather have taken to sewing in phony labels that say "made in America" or some other country that does not have the poor reputation of the Pakistani Leather industry!

BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Guy I work with ordered an Xelement jacket from LeatherUp a few weeks ago. So far he's still happy with it and still recommending the place to everyone else (we all ride at work).

One thing I noticed at these show/event vendors is the leather stinks or at least has a strong odor. It is obvious it is not processed the same as quality leathers. I was looking for a brown leather coat at the last annual M/C show in Dallas. None of the coats available at these cheap vendors passed even a casual inspection.

You get what you pay for is indeed true.

I had a Fealdsheer textile jacket from Pakistan. All the zippers failed, & the black die they used faded into a light brown from the summer sun.This all happend with in a year. I bought it because it was cheep,my own fault.Ended up in the trash. :bang head: What a piece of crap:damn angry:

I had a Fealdsheer textile jacket from Pakistan. All the zippers failed, & the black die they used faded into a light brown from the summer sun.This all happend with in a year. I bought it because it was cheep,my own falt. :bang head: What a piece of crap:damn angry:

I'm surprised. Fieldsheer has a good rep. Maybe it was a counterfeit?

I never trust reviews on a manufacturer/factory store website unless I have had prior good experiences with them. 4.5-5 stars with 1k reviews on Amazon however is good as gold with the only exception being a factory defect that would probably be taken care of immediately by said reputable vender.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Fieldsheer is a major vendor and has been around many years. Surprised it was poor quality...

Latest posts

Back