Trouble shoot this video. Direction needed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TAKERS

Reaction score
http://youtu.be/VyS0geMihgA

https://youtu.be/VyS0geMihgA

I havr been avoiding taking the carb off compleatly bc im scared of syncing the carbs but im at the point where i think its time please any advice is welcome.

Symptoms:
Was running fine on road but would sputter and or die when 7k rpms.
Changed gas/Fuel pump/filter/plugs
No vacume leaks/ good exhaust
After peashoot and shotgun the engine wouldent take any throttle with out sputtering.

I know its not getting enough fuel in open throttle but would it make sence for all 4 carb main jets to go out at once? Its not like the bike was sitting for months.

Other info:
Started symptoms after sitting a mo and an oil change. Harvy got water in the bottom of exhaust but drained fine none in oil.

I can't watch the video on my work computer, but i'll take a look when I get home. A lot of people who haven't done it before worry about syncing their carbs. Syncing is the easy part (as long as the carbs are in good working order)

If you don't have your airbox on, you need to install it and them report back to us as mentioned by 93max above.

As far as "all 4 main jets going bad", the jets dont "go bad", dirt, grime, build up from ethanol in today's gas when they sit in these carbs cause issues. You could of had a smaller blockage that you weren't completely aware of and it sitting with ethanol in it for a month just did her in. Probably a blockage in a pilot jet or something along those lines.

PM me with any questions you might have.

The RED fuel light is on and when you turn the key & run button on the blows somewhat fill with fuel then if your reserve selector switch is not on and/or your reserve circuit is failing you are running out of GAS

The RED fuel light is on and when you turn the key & run button on the blows somewhat fill with fuel then if your reserve selector switch is not on and/or your reserve circuit is failing you are running out of GAS

Good catch! At least someone is paying attention!
I still think he needs the entire air box on.

Very good catch i think the switch was the probbut we will never know because i put it all back together last night flipped the switch and added about half a can of seafoam to the tank and iys running better then ever. Im a terrible scientist when ot comes to variables which could be the death of anyone working on an old bike.

Last question i read lots of guids saying to test out carbs befor zipping up" is it just directed air flow from the box that helps the mixture into the carb?

Thanks for saving me so much time and money on such a stupid problem love this forum

Very good catch i think the switch was the probbut we will never know because i put it all back together last night flipped the switch and added about half a can of seafoam to the tank and iys running better then ever. Im a terrible scientist when ot comes to variables which could be the death of anyone working on an old bike.

Last question i read lots of guids saying to test out carbs befor zipping up" is it just directed air flow from the box that helps the mixture into the carb?

I think it increases velocity to the jets and increases the signal for them to work correctly.
It will do the same thing in your videos if you just remove the Y on the lid!

Latest posts

Back