Cheap Version Of Lojack For Your Motorcycle.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lankeeyankee

Reaction score
I read this post from one of the scooter forums. Its a pretty damn good idea if you live in an area where you have high theft or you just worry alot. Read on.. pretty good.

How many times have you heard of someone who had their scoot stolen and never saw it again? Probably 90% or better of stolen scoots are never recovered, or if they are, are unusable/stripped.

What if there were a way to get it back in the first hours for an investment of under 100 bucks? Well there is! Mologogo is a free service that will track your scooter using certain GPS-enabled mobile phones, such as Nextel, Sprint, or Boost Mobile phones with Java and GPS. Mologogo is also available for the Nextel Blackberries, as well as Windows Mobile Pocket PC Phones and SmartPhones on any mobile operator with external or internal GPS. And best of all, it's FREE!

How Mologogo works: You sign up for a free account on the Mologogo website, download the software to a compatible phone, and then you can track the phone in real time from your own webpage on the Mologogo site!

So now imagine having a hiding spot on your scooter where you put this phone when you leave it unattended, a thief steels it, you track it, and 10 minutes later, the police collar the crook and get your scoot back! It's LowJack at a fraction of the price!

You can even get creative as many scooter enthusiasts do, and wire the charger directly to the 12v system of the scoot so you never have to remove it!

A friend of mine that purchased a Boost Mobile $69 phone and uses it for this purpose actually attached it to the inside of his front ferring with JB Weld! Totally unnoticeable, and a full signal. The best part is, the Boost prepaid phone came with 80 minutes of usage, bought it with cash, and he doesn't use the minutes unless he tracks the phone, so for about $10 a year (the minutes expire annually) he has a LowJack clone, ready to track down the thief at any moment!

I'm actually thinking about adding this to my scoot in addition to the alarm system.

For those of you who want to know more, please visit
The Mologogo Website for more information.

Fantastic! That is such a great idea.. Love it already. I need to post that to my mates in UK - they will love it, plus over there, the pay-as-u-go phones do NOT expire after a year!

that sounds great, I just question the reliability of signal to a cheap pay as you go phone. I have been told lojack uses some sort of radio signal that is supposed to be stronger so i can't be blocked, even inside metal buildings. Also they have a new product that will notify you if you bike is even moved without permission. I uses a special key ring and they call you if it is set off so you know to go check. That is something I would be interested in if I could afford it.

Latest posts

Back