I tested my skills at painting...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nosboss

Reaction score
So I bought my 1985 vmax with the original paint and it was faded bad. I used some rattle can and made it flat black till I could get around to giving it a nice paint job. Yesterday was that day. I went to a friends house that lives on a gravel road and painted it in his garage. This just goes to show that anyone can paint their bike in a garage with no booth or heat lamps. It is gloss black with silver stripes. I had planned to extend the stripes up and over the gauge cluster bu tit didn't work out. Not happy about that so I will go back later and add them. All in all it turned out pretty good. The tank has a run and so does the rear fender. Nothing I can't sand and buff out. I also polished out the scoops, grab rail and fork brace. Go to my album and check them out. Comments are welcome.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?u=1833

A little paint and elbow grease sure makes a big difference - looks really nice, great job so far.

Mike

Thanks for the compliments guys. Looks like I need to take some better pics.

great job, i like it...
Now you should paint your helmet black and get rid of those goldfish:icon_rolleyes:

Ahh, the helmet. I know it doesn't match the bike, but it was painted for my car when I race it. It doesn't match it either.:biglaugh: I plan to get one for the bike sooner or later. I don't think I will custom paint one though, I'll just buy one that looks good.

Latest posts

Back