Velocity stacks?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtotiger1

Reaction score
Who makes the faux velocity stacks for under the airscoops of the vmax? Anyone know, i want to locate a cheap set.

You may want to check out COPRUNNERS setup on his Vmax, he has some pointed stacks, but I think there are other styles too. Dunno for sure, but maybe for cheap?:confused2:

The guy is looking for velocity stacks not fork cap spikes.

I gave up on looking for these myself. There was a guy on ebay selling them but he no longer does. They arent cheap to get made, I was going to look into have a few sets made and sell, but the cost would be up there and it seems the econmy is sucking and no one wants to spend money on purty stuff for there VMAX"s
I also tried the route of looking at Weber velocity stacks but the base diameter are to small.
There is a place in KY that makes velocity stacks to your spec and I have emailed them twice with no return. Gave up on em... Let me know if you have any better luck..

I have a set from a guy who was selling them on eBay somewhere in my garage. I'll look for them after work.

ACTUALLY, WHAT I HAVE, ARE TRACTOR TRAILER LUG NUT COVERS, FROM empirechromeshop.com , THAT I MACHINED SHORTER TO GO ONTO MY CARBS & MACHINED OUT THE CENTERS TO USE THEM AS MY FORK CAPS ! " JUST FOR THE RECORD " :punk: AND THEY ARE LESS THEN $2.00 EACH ! DON'T GET ANY CHEAPER THEN THAT ! :rofl_200:THEY HAVE MANY DIFFERENT STYLES & SHAPES ! :punk:

The guy is looking for velocity stacks not fork cap spikes.

I gave up on looking for these myself. There was a guy on ebay selling them but he no longer does. They arent cheap to get made, I was going to look into have a few sets made and sell, but the cost would be up there and it seems the econmy is sucking and no one wants to spend money on purty stuff for there VMAX"s
I also tried the route of looking at Weber velocity stacks but the base diameter are to small.
There is a place in KY that makes velocity stacks to your spec and I have emailed them twice with no return. Gave up on em... Let me know if you have any better luck..
Yankee may have given up, but if you actually look at the site that COPRUNNER linked you'll see there are many different styles of possible velocity stacks. They may or not appeal to you but at least they are low cost. If you could do some minor engineering like COPRUNNER did, you might be able to end up with something you like. :thumbs up:

7.3 EXTRA HORSE'S ON THE DYNO ! AT 8,450 RPM'S , ON PUMP GAS , AT SEA LEVEL !:rofl_200: HONESTLY I LIKE THE LOOK SO MUCH , THAT I WOULD HAVE PUT THEM ON EVEN IF IT SLOWED IT DOWN ! JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS ! :rofl_200:

Guys....

Mine came from exactrep and are the original length V-Stax.

1/3 of the way down the page and have a look around. Just below the cyber-max goodies.

http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/in...actrep.com/acatalog/bodywork.html&CatalogBody

I think I paid $169 including shipping and they got here in about 5 days from the UK.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?albumid=53&pictureid=257

Neil

PS. My seat of the pants dyno says they added at least 25-30 HP to my front brakes and blinkers :biglaugh:

The ones, I have are black and haver a silver metal screen. They add about 10 hp but you can't tell cause the weight takes away 20.

Guys....

Mine came from exactrep and are the original length V-Stax.

1/3 of the way down the page and have a look around. Just below the cyber-max goodies.

http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/in...actrep.com/acatalog/bodywork.html&CatalogBody

I think I paid $169 including shipping and they got here in about 5 days from the UK.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?albumid=53&pictureid=257

Neil

PS. My seat of the pants dyno says they added at least 25-30 HP to my front brakes and blinkers :biglaugh:

These are the same Stax I have. Oddly my SOTP dyno doesn't reflect any horsepower gain at all. :ummm:

But the headlight is 3 X as bright! :rofl_200:

The ones, I have are black and haver a silver metal screen. They add about 10 hp but you can't tell cause the weight takes away 20.

Ohhhh I know what your talking about I seen them on Ebay a few months ago. Almost looks like he used angle iron across the top and bottom to mount them to the carb tops.
I didnt like them due to the low qaulity bars to mount them.

The carb tops are I think I lost my template but I think they are 63MM. I was looking for stacks that had a 63MM base and make some L ears to bolt to the carb top screws. I checked with Sudco, no such luck in 63MM base..

:blahblah2::blahblah2::ttiwwp:

Ohh I forgot they make fake stacks for the Honda Valkyire but as always costly!! I am wanting to only invest under a 100.00 for 4 pieces of aluminum.

Ok well here is what I am looking for as how the mount works. I would like mine a little longer with a slight curve upwards. How much and how quick can you send me 4? I believe the Valkyrie uses the same size mikunis as the VMAX, if we can just get to people here to buy a set of 6 this way you will have 4 left over to give to me.. :clapping:

Attachments

• stack.jpg
    stack.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 59
  • stacks II.JPG
    stacks II.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 58
I made my own from aluminum and then had them chromed , machined a bronze retaining ring and pressed it in to retain the stainless mesh/grill.

Attachments

• v 023 (Large).jpg
    v 023 (Large).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 46
  • v 012 (Large).jpg
    v 012 (Large).jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 53
Hey if you find them and you want to sell them cheap . Im your man !! Let me know

thanks

Back