Motorcycle tours/rental

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxcruiser

Reaction score
My wife wants to go on a 10th wedding anniversary trip in March to some resort in South America - Now I'm not crazy about going to a resort to lay around a beach or pool for a week or so. It's just not for me , so I suggested going somewhere south USA or ??? and rent a bike to tour on. Have been searching the internet for companies that offer this service, but I would post to see if anybody has ever done this, who they used and how they liked it.

And by the way, the wife seems to be all for it! She loves riding as much as I do and seeing that it will the middle of the winter here in Northern Ontario, makes it more perfect.

Mike

A few years ago I rented a Harley from Street Eagles in St Pete FL. It was a birthday present from the wife ( gift certificate ). It wasn't bad - I think it was about 75 bucks for 6 hours after which I could no longer feel my fingers from the vibration. Got the Harley bug out of my system for good that day, but it was a lot of fun. They rent by the hour, day or week there.

Bill, Rich - thanks for the feedback - will check them out - doing research done right now - but will be doing it this winter.

Anybody else with experience doing this, let me know the good, the bad, etc...

Mike

Celebrated my 5th anniv. in Maui. Rented a Fatboy for two days. Had to pass a rider course in the parking lot, which was make a u-turn in the parking lot without putting my feet down. This is the best way to see Maui, unless you're on a Max. I highly recommend it, and if I remember I think it was cheaper than car rental, but that was back in 95.

Celebrated my 5th anniv. in Maui. Rented a Fatboy for two days. Had to pass a rider course in the parking lot, which was make a u-turn in the parking lot without putting my feet down. This is the best way to see Maui, unless you're on a Max. I highly recommend it, and if I remember I think it was cheaper than car rental, but that was back in 95.

Hey Tex,
Did you ride the goat path to hana on that Harley?
beautiful ride but that road is rough...

Hell no! It was bad enough in the rent car. I did ride up to Haleakala volcano, what a beautiful ride.

Back