Work stands...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max01red

Reaction score
The stock work stand came off to make room for the aftermarket exhaust....So I was wondering does anyone have/make a work stand that will work on the Max? Will the stands that lift the rear wheel like the sport bike stands work??

any help would be great....

Thanks..

Hrm, I have a rear wheel stand for my wifes bike, but I think the rear drive on the max won't allow it to work very well, I'll give it another look though.

There are also those hydrolic bike jacks, but it might also have issues with your exhaust. Take a good look at one to be sure though. I think Harbor Freight carry's them for around $79.

The hydraulic stands I've seen getting popular these days are going to pick the Max up by the exhaust unless some type of adapter is used.
I've picked mine up by the factory exhaust but don't think I would try it on an aftermarket system due to the expense of replacing/repairing one.

Dale Walker has a rear wheel lift/stand for $169.00

http://www.holeshot.com

I just got a lift-jack (Motomaster) from the wife as a Christmas present. I soon seen I had a problem with the stock exhaust. Has anyone made a plate that you could post a pic of with the dementions along with it.
Thanks.

Robbarrie said:
I just got a lift-jack (Motomaster) from the wife as a Christmas present. I soon seen I had a problem with the stock exhaust. Has anyone made a plate that you could post a pic of with the dementions along with it.
Thanks.
I bought one of those hydraulic jacks from Sears and have to run the bike up on a couple of 2x4's to get the jack under it because it's lowered all around. While on the Yahoo lists, others also wanted a way to lift the bike without scratching the pipes or burning up the rubber pads on the lift. Asked all for some help in giving me information on the various exhaust setups but none took the trouble. Made 4 swivel adapters that located on the frame and bolted to the jack. Still have them around some where if interested in making similar adapters. The Max is not friendly to mounting anything or even being lifted. Stock pipes will hold the weight without damage.

Sorry to resurrect a old post, but I'm also looking for something solid to lift my V max. I still have the center stand but I don't trust it. If I were to push forward it could retract and cause the bike to fall. I also don't want to lift off the exhaust. Has anyone come up with a bullet proof jack/lift or a adapter for the sears lift or something?

Thanks

It takes alot off effort to get them off the stand you would realy have to be tourqing on it to get it off the stand.

Sorry to resurrect a old post, but I'm also looking for something solid to lift my V max. I still have the center stand but I don't trust it. If I were to push forward it could retract and cause the bike to fall. I also don't want to lift off the exhaust. Has anyone come up with a bullet proof jack/lift or a adapter for the sears lift or something?

Thanks

DAmn... What are you using... 11/4 drive ratchets with a 4 foot cheata pipe???

I'd bet you'll strip off a bolt or nut before you knock the VMAX off it's center stand while wrenching on it!

Latest posts

Back