Tire Review

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAXXIMUM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
About 300 miles ago I put a set of Metzler Roadtech 01's on my bike and they are all they claim to be. No more rolling burnouts they've become instant wheelies. They feel like rails around corners especially long sweepers. I've only had one opportunity to ride them on wet roads. They did their job very well. I'm not often out when the roads are wet so I'm not the best judge of wet performance.

Christian

I've run the Interacts by Metzler for a long time and never could find a reason to change. Like you mentioned ,Christian, the wet road handling is spot on. And traction in the dry twisties is as reliable as can be. I ran the Z6'S, Z8's, then back to the Z6's because of better longevity. I've got a set of M7's ready to mount. Don't let the low prices fool you, they are great quality. Many of them balance up near perfect without weights.

Got this the other day, need a mate before they mount. Will have to keep it 130 mph or less (H rating).

Attachments

• Battlax 160-15.jpg
    Battlax 160-15.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 47
I am due for a set of tires but probably will put on a set of used Shinko Verge 011's (120/70ZR18 / 200/50VR18) I took off before my Newfoundland trip, only about 2500 miles on them. I may try my hand at installing them myself since it's $30 for each tire at the local stealership to mount tires. I may try out the zip tie method but decidedly nervous for trying this on my Carrozerria wheels, Steve-o expect a call if I get frustrated!:biglaugh:

Running the new conti hyper sport 2. Hopefully a good tire

Attachments

• 1C8A3CEB-B22A-44A0-AD8C-20796C0C987C.png
    1C8A3CEB-B22A-44A0-AD8C-20796C0C987C.png
    194.3 KB · Views: 26
I am due for a set of tires but probably will put on a set of used Shinko Verge 011's (120/70ZR18 / 200/50VR18) I took off before my Newfoundland trip, only about 2500 miles on them. I may try my hand at installing them myself since it's $30 for each tire at the local stealership to mount tires. I may try out the zip tie method but decidedly nervous for trying this on my Carrozerria wheels, Steve-o expect a call if I get frustrated!:biglaugh:
Anytime Brian, the zip ties are the only way I'll do it going forward. They do a much better job of preserving nice wheels, or any wheels, than tire irons.And it's a quick job they make of it.

Latest posts

Back