Ultrasonic cleaning

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liptoss

Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing an ultrasonic cleaner. I don't know much about them.
My intent is to use them on anything, but primarily on the carbs for my bikes.
Don't want to buy junk, because I know that you get what you pay for. AND YET! I don't want to break the bank buying more than I need. I don't have paying customers either.
Anyone have suggestions for a minimum, and nice to have features? Also make and model.

Thanks all

I use this from Harbor Freight.
ultrasonic cleaner.jpg and simple green.jpg
50 / 50 mix with water.

The unit is not big enough to submerge the entire carb body, but more than enough to allow multiple carbs to be taken apart and cleaned, (which is the way it should be done anyways).

It works.

I use this from Harbor Freight.
View attachment 56375 and View attachment 56376
50 / 50 mix with water.

The unit is not big enough to submerge the entire carb body, but more than enough to allow multiple carbs to be taken apart and cleaned, (which is the way it should be done anyways).

It works.

+1, I like mine a lot. The better H.F. model is fine for the occasional cleaning. For jet blocks, & tiny parts, I put them in a jar of carb cleaner then put the jar in the ultrasonic cleaner. I leave the cleaner level below the jar's lid so I can let it vent. It cleans the parts shiny clean. Emulation tubes,great. Simple Green rocks.

We have this model cleaner, a little pricy but high quality.
Also at Yamaha tech school they told us to go light on the Simple Green or other soaps with the water. It's the water that is doing the work.

Attachments

• us1.jpg
    us1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 17
  • us2.jpg
    us2.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 15
  • us3.jpg
    us3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 14
Are there throttle shaft seals that could be damaged if the entire carb body is submerged is an ultrasonic cleaner?

I pull all jets, jet blocks and tubes and throw them in a can of carb dip. I clean the body with air and spray cleaner. I was always afraid of damaging something with an ultrasonic. Maybe that's not a valid concern?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back