Custom plate advice?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a custom "vanity" plate on my Vmax. Been thinking about what I would put on it for a while, and using the state "plate checker" to find available ones.

The first one I came up with that I liked was V4 Psycho, or "V4SYKO".

I also like the looney tunes character Tazmanian Devil, and I have a nice patch that I'm going to put on my jacket. Also have a plush Taz that I have strapped to my sissy bar, sitting on the luggage rack. Both "TAZDVL" and "TDEVIL" were available.

Which one you all like best? I remember seeing a big HD dresser once with "POPEYE" on the license plate and a bunch of popeye paraphernalia on the bike, which I thought was kinda creative- something different from the ubiquitous "fuck off" and "middle finger" stuff you see on bikes all the time.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    21 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    20 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    19.5 KB · Views: 4
:punk: TAZDVL looks good to me. People will know what you are trying to say. Good Luck, Spur

I like v4syko,but im a little twisted ,that may affect my judgement ! I always wanted phuk u, but dont think theyd give it to me.maybe twsdid would do.

NY has a limit of 6 characters for bike plates, but V4DEVL was available. I kinda like that one too, good idea. Kinda combines the two.

I remember seeing a plate on a car once(while ago, when NY had the statue of liberty plates) that was DRG DLR, so I guess they slip up every so often and miss one. Now they require you to "explain" the plate's meaning in case the clerk at DMV doesn't catch it.

HTFO...also very appropriate for the Max. Virtually anything I could think of with "MAX" in it was taken.

Attachments

• Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    19.9 KB · Views: 5
i am the plate " guru " ( in " my " head ) i'll be back in about half an hour _ 45 minutes with 20 or 30 titles !

I like the v4devl myself...
It's nice you can see what plates are already taken.
In Pennsylvania your only allowed 5 numbers or letters for motorcycles.
And you have to fill out a form and submit 3 options.
You put them in order of favorites. Then if your first choice is already taken, they go to your second choice, then third.

i like the v4devl myself...
It's nice you can see what plates are already taken.
In pennsylvania your only allowed 5 numbers or letters for motorcycles.
And you have to fill out a form and submit 3 options.
You put them in order of favorites. Then if your first choice is already taken, they go to your second choice, then third.
same in new jersey bill , it sucks !

SMOKEN ...................... Smoking THIS IS WHAT I ALWAYS SAY ABOUT A HOT CHICK ! ... SHES SMOKEN !

Ya, NYSDMV has a "checker" on their website that tells you if the plate is available, and then shows you what it would look like. Pretty handy. It's also pretty good with sniffing out obscenities in a variety of spellings, and rejecting it right away. If you want to play with it here's the link:
https://harmonia.dmv.state.ny.us/platespersonalized/EmpChoosePlate.cfm

I'm kinda leaning toward the V4DEVL also. Good one, gamorg.
Taz will be sitting on the luggage rack right above the plate, so it should make sense. Something about cartoons on a bike just strikes me as funny, maybe because it's a total 180 from the middle-finger Harley crowd. And who better than Taz, the funny-ass character who spins all over the place and eats everything in his path? Kinda like the Vmax! Too bad there were only 5 original Tazmanian Devil cartoons made in the late 50's- he's my favorite.

My one issue with the V4SYKO is that it's easily misread as "sicko", which doesn't really jive with me. Otherwise it's a good phonetic "sound it out" plate.

I had tried a few combinations of "haulin ass", but all were either taken, or rejected. Kinda tough to fit in 6 characters also.

And "twsdid" is taken in NY...sorry.

Latest posts

Back