R1 R/R mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark,

Thanks for the advice today on mounting the R/R. I ended up mounting my R/R under the front left side cover. It now sits in the same place where the 3 electrical boxes are located under the cover. I took the big square one off the back and put my R/R in it's place.

The big square electrical box now sits under the ignition box behind where it was originally. Fits nice and snug back there and the connectors fit nicely as well.

BTW my R/R is off of an 01 Fazer 1000. I bought it from Jeff on the site.

All thats left to do is run the wiring.... I will post some pics soon....

Abe

I put mine upside down under the passenger seat. Fits awesome and the wires are already running that direction any ways so it was easy to keep them hidden
Cheers

I put mine upside down under the passenger seat. Fits awesome and the wires are already running that direction any ways so it was easy to keep them hidden
Cheers

I thought about that but I would have nowhere for my toolkit then.

I thought about that but I would have nowhere for my toolkit then.

I got one of those old style luggage rolls that ties to the forks that I store stuff in for the longer rides. Just farting back and forth in town I dont worry about the tools. If it breaks down I can always call the women or catch a bus.

I got one of those old style luggage rolls that ties to the forks that I store stuff in for the longer rides. Just farting back and forth in town I dont worry about the tools. If it breaks down I can always call the women or catch a bus.

Marky Mark was telling me about that luggage piece as well. Is there one I can order that fits the max? If so where from?

Marky Mark was telling me about that luggage piece as well. Is there one I can order that fits the max? If so where from?

Cant remember where I got mine, have had it for years and years. Used on a number of bikes throughout the years.
Just google, you should find something.

Oh yeah, I dont think our Markey Mark has ever been in an underwear commercial. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Any chance someone wants to put together a plug-n-play kit for this mod? I'd like to do it but I ain't got no electrical skills.

Ok found plugins on ebay for a search the part number is3p250wp
Is from jasonmotoelectrix.It was22.95 for two plugs free shipping.
Hope this helps

I just replaced the stock regulator/rectifier on my 2000 'Max with the one from an FZ1 and have it mounted under the rear seat; my only question is when I'm idling, the regulator/rectifier gets a little warm to the touch. Is it supposed to?? Other than that when all the headlights and running lights are off and the engine is idling, the voltmeter reads 14.3 volts. With the headlights and running lights on, 14.1 volts. With turn signal, cooling fan and brakes, 13.8 volts.

I just replaced the stock regulator/rectifier on my 2000 'Max with the one from an FZ1 and have it mounted under the rear seat; my only question is when I'm idling, the regulator/rectifier gets a little warm to the touch. Is it supposed to?? Other than that when all the headlights and running lights are off and the engine is idling, the voltmeter reads 14.3 volts. With the headlights and running lights on, 14.1 volts. With turn signal, cooling fan and brakes, 13.8 volts.

It sounds normal. They will get warm.

Just did the mod to my '85. Definitely an increase in voltage, and the unit gets warm, but not anywhere near what I would call hot. I've got a Corbin seat on the bike, and the fenders still out for paint. I sure hope it fits under the rear part of the seat or I'm gonna have to find another place to mount it. Overall, a great mod so far, though..

I ended up mounting my R/R under the front left side cover. It now sits in the same place where the 3 electrical boxes are located under the cover. I took the big square one off the back and put my R/R in it's place.

The big square electrical box now sits under the ignition box behind where it was originally. Fits nice and snug back there and the connectors fit nicely as well.

I'm a bit confused here. Under the left hand scoop are 3 black boxes:
left is starter circuit cut off relay; middle is indicator with self-cancel relay, right is Vboost controller.

According to the manual the voltage regulator is mounted to the passenger left foot rest bracket.

So you are saying you moved the Vboost behind the panel and fitted the RR in its place?

Latest posts

Back