Choke adjustment

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gbianchi

Reaction score
Searched for any info on this, no joy. Are the little forks that pull the choke plungers out adjustable, I ask this because I noticed choke on number 1 carb isn't being pulled out as much as the others, there are some tiny screws that look like they might do just that but I thought I would ask first. Bike starts okay with choke but not like what I have read here doesn't seem to go to 2 or 3 rpm so just wondering.

The little screws that attach those forks to the shafts are in a fixed location. The shaft that the screw bites into has a small indentation to index the fork.

In short, its not designed to be adjustable.

However, you can adjust the forks with some shadetree methods. Basically, you just bend the fork very slightly to achieve the desired effect.

Before doing that, I would be checking to make sure that plunger isn't sticky, the fork is properly indexed, and the retaining screw on the fork is tight.

Sometimes loosening both choke forks on a side will allow you to adjust the choke rod right or left slightly. Then, just retighten and make sure the set screws tighten in the small indentions on the rods.

As for the plungers, I use a q-tip and a light amount of Marvel Mystery oil on them. Mine are still good after several years.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back