Automotive Replacement for stock signal lights

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushwacker

Reaction score
Hey Guy's,

So just wondering is there an automotive replacement for front turn signal/running lights on the Gen 1 or do/should I stick with the OEM bulbs? I ask because I don't have a bike shop around here that has parts for a 01 Vmax. Sux...

Hey Guy's,

So just wondering is there an automotive replacement for front turn signal/running lights on the Gen 1 or do/should I stick with the OEM bulbs? I ask because I don't have a bike shop around here that has parts for a 01 Vmax. Sux...
They wont order it for you? Im not sure of an auto alternative, but power sports of sublimity would order for you and ship direct to you if you wanted. Or there is Amazon as well.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Well hey Brad what up bud. Thanks for he info man. Think I'll try and order through Amazon/Newegg.

Well hey Brad what up bud. Thanks for he info man. Think I'll try and order through Amazon/Newegg.
No prob. Did you ever hit Woodburn last year? We ought to start planning a trip now. Or maybe a coast ride.

No never did. Need to sort out one thing first. Feels like the bike is slipping the clutch at higher rpm. It's weird man. Down low it's fine and I can rip on as hard as it will go, but when it hits the higher rpm range it feels like the clutch is slipping. RPM's keep going up but it feels like the back tire is breaking loose...Only I know it's not. Maybe the clutch needs bleeding or replaced???? We are probably going to do a run to Detroit Lake from Happy Valley this summer and one down on the coast. What do you have going on?

This where I put mine (scoops). I didn't care for the lolly pops,
They are switch back leds. They turn yellow for signals.

Attachments

• vmax.jpg
    vmax.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 26
  • vmax2.jpg
    vmax2.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 23
Thanks but As much as I'd like to take credit for them, I can't.
I stumbled across them on guy's bike from the UK on youtube.
I had to put 2 diodes in parallel at the idiot light to stop all of the signals from blinking.

The rear cleaned up nice too!

Yeah seen the back as well. Very nice. Credit or not atleast you took the idea from another Max...

@Eugene Brad

WoW man the guys in Sublimity want to charge $15.33 to ship 2 bulbs to Clackamas. Total charge is $32.31. OUCHY!!!

Yeah seen the back as well. Very nice. Credit or not atleast you took the idea from another Max...

True dat!
I really like the back light. It blinks 4 times when you hit the brakes and the signals are in it too.
It's made here out in NJ too!
Pricey but worth it. :biglaugh:

Attachments

• IMG_2716.jpg
    IMG_2716.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 16
$120. It was worth it for me as it's very bright and made here! Even during the day it works great.
All the amazon stuff sucked and you could barely tell when brakes were applied.
I'd rather be seen then save $75!
https://www.customled.com/products/2014-2015-2017-2018-honda-grom-integrated-led-tail-light

I had to get creative to mount it tho.
I had to make a u shape bracket to go over the mtg studs.

Grom-Tail-Light-3.jpg

@Eugene Brad

WoW man the guys in Sublimity want to charge $15.33 to ship 2 bulbs to Clackamas. Total charge is $32.31. OUCHY!!!
Ouch is rite. They gave me free shipping to my house on a helmet. But i also spent $5300 on a bike.

@93max
I think I can deal with $120 and I can make a mount no problem.

@Eugene Brad
Do you think thats accurate for interstate delivery?

@93max

@Eugene Brad
That seems way high to me. Two bulbs from an hour away. Sounds like they are marking up the delivery from manufacture.

@93max

@Eugene Brad

I made a metal bracket to cover both studs back to the plate.
Worked perfectly.
I think it's plus shipping.

Attachments

• custom led tail 3.jpg
    custom led tail 3.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back