carb adjustment help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dewcrazzy

Reaction score
What is the screw for that is just over the idle screw to the right that if I turn it to the right my idle goes up and to the left it goes down. I used a straight head screw driver on it?

What is the screw for that is just over the idle screw to the right that if I turn it to the right my idle goes up and to the left it goes down. I used a straight head screw driver on it?

It's a sync screw. If you moved it you will have to do a complete carb sync on all 4. A sync tool is necessary to do this. I believe there is a sticky in the carb section on the process. If you have the vboost removed you will need a weber sync tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As daunting as a carb synch sounds, it's really not bad at all. If you do your own maintenance then IMHO you must add a Morgan Carbtune (or other) to your tool box. I synch mine once a year in the spring then PRN after that. Every time I put it on the bike I can see where adjustments are needed, then I get that crisp responsive idle/off-idle performance back. If you (like me) are OCD about keeping it in a state of tune then you can not get by without one of these devices. Now that I know how to do it, it takes me 10-15 minutes from start to finish to do a synch. I do this usually twice a year on each bike if I ride them a lot.

The idle screw is a horizontal little wheel looking thingy tucked back between the left carbs, I reach mine with a small common screwdriver. If you touched one of those screws on the linkage that moves when the throttle is blipped then you will need to synch them to get them right. On the upside, if it hasnt been done in awhile it probably needed it anyway.

The tool is affordable, the learning curve is short and the benefits are significant. It will pay for itself in a couple uses compared to shop rates.

Latest posts

Back