Replacing Carb Diaphragms

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I've asked this question before BUT:

Is there some preservative or chemical that we could put on these diaphrams to give them some more life and keep them soft and flexable???

Lew

So can anybody tell me if this guy still sells these or if i can find them else where? I tried looking but he does not appear to have them listed anymore.

Well it turns out he still sells them i am just a retard. The way they are listed and pictured it sounds/looks like he is selling one individual slide and diaphragm but not the case. Thanks guys and hopefully these go in smoothly. Some guys have had luck sliding them over washers, i think i might try this....

I have replaced several of these diaphrams and have not had any negative comments. The only trouble I had was the guy selling them on Ebay did not have a "Buy it Now" on them. You had to bid on his items that he runs for about a week. The last set I bid on cost me around $87.00 shipped to my door. If anyone is not comfortable replacing his diaphrams shoot me a PM......

ok upon disassembleing my old slides i broke two of them :bang head:. so does anyone have a few gently used ones laying around that they would help a man out with?

Gorilla glue was mentioned earlier.

I'd also suspect PVC cement would work well also(providing you never plan to take it apart again). I've use PVC glue on all sorts of plastics and probably 90% of the time it welds the two bits together.

I saw someone mention gorilla glue but I read someone else said it cause the slide to crack when then glue expanded which wouldn't surprise me. That glue does expand a lot. PVC cement sounds good but it would be nice to get them apart again.

Would RTV silicone work? That's supposed to resist gas and oil I believe.

I saw someone mention gorilla glue but I read someone else said it cause the slide to crack when then glue expanded which wouldn't surprise me. That glue does expand a lot. PVC cement sounds good but it would be nice to get them apart again.
Would RTV silicone work?[/SIZE] That's supposed to resist gas and oil I believe.

Silicone does not work well with gasoline, fair for ethanol. Would not recommend for using with gas.

Just ordered a set, $107 to my door so it's way cheaper than buying them new. I probably won't mess with them till this next winter though when I completely rebuild the carbs.

My diaphragms were starting to wear through around the edges where they seat into the grove under the carb cover. I didnt have money for new ones, so I applied permatex to fill in the see through areas and so far so good.

Where did you order them from? Diaphrams only?
Item 280662449860 on e-bay Dan-o. I'd like to find out where this guy gets these and share the info. Cheapest slides I could find were $84 Mikuni's. Not sure if they're really even oem's though.
My covers, as we spoke about, are sealing the tearing for now, but I'd like to give the Diaphrams a shot before shit happens. If he had a buy now I'd grab a st right now.If I was working I'd buy oem slides.
Steve-o

MOTOALLPARTS
[email protected]

From Jeff's post earlier, Thanks Jeff! :clapping:

Item 280662449860 on e-bay Dan-o. I'd like to find out where this guy gets these and share the info. Cheapest slides I could find were $84 Mikuni's. Not sure if they're really even oem's though.
My covers, as we spoke about, are sealing the tearing for now, but I'd like to give the Diaphrams a shot before shit happens. If he had a buy now I'd grab a st right now.If I was working I'd buy oem slides.
Steve-o

Thanks guys.....not sure I will need any for quite awhile but it may be good to have some around if & when! :punk:

Steve-yup, that's the guy! That set is being bid up unusually high, they ordinarily go for around $80 or so.

Edit: Nope, I'm wrong....the LAST set went for $79, the set before that went for $130!!

Steve-o

I just emailed him direct and asked him about them and he is sending me a set, didn't feel like trying to bid on them, mine were $107 to my door.

Latest posts

Back