Nology wires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlb7569

Reaction score
Hello, has anybody installed these on there vmax? Is there anything else that needs to be done to the bike to be able to use these? Please let me know. Thanks, Jamie.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Years ago. I might even have a couple of sets around here. They didn't like getting wet (at least the first batch's didn't). With the COP kits out now it eliminates the need for the Nology stuff.

Yeah, they were junk.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Exactly right. There's a separate grounding wire and it seemed more spark went to that wire than to the plug. That was frustrating and eventually returned them.

Coil-over-plug (COP) is what you want to spend your $ on now. Leave the front coils in place for ballast, to keep the front wheel down! Plus, they are a pain to remove. Any auto parts store can sell you lengths of plug high-tension wire to replace your existing wire, if you cannot afford the COP's now. Many people remove the wire from the high-tension coil tower, and upon examination, find it's green w/corrosion. Trimming about 1/2" off usually results in getting to a good conductor again, and there is enough slack available, that losing that much in length will still make the high-tension run from the coil tower to the cyl head/sparkplug.

Coil-over-plug (COP) is what you want to spend your $ on now. Leave the front coils in place for ballast, to keep the front wheel down! Plus, they are a pain to remove. Any auto parts store can sell you lengths of plug high-tension wire to replace your existing wire, if you cannot afford the COP's now. Many people remove the wire from the high-tension coil tower, and upon examination, find it's green w/corrosion. Trimming about 1/2" off usually results in getting to a good conductor again, and there is enough slack available, that losing that much in length will still make the high-tension run from the coil tower to the cyl head/sparkplug.

Where do you get these cop?

I sell Kits made by Gannon which are more expensive then others might sell them for but more complete and I believe are a higher quality.
$225 plus postage with resistors, cleaned/tested coils, and a fresh set of plugs.

I do also have non resistor kits and even kits for the old Fazer/FZX bikes.

Attachments

• IMG_20160914_202402561.jpg
    IMG_20160914_202402561.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20151109_170018743.jpg
    IMG_20151109_170018743.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20151109_165938358.jpg
    IMG_20151109_165938358.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 44
Hey, how much will you charge me for all (4) of the COPS harnesses? I like your stuff, it looks to be of better quality. Please let me know. Thanks, Jamie.

Hey, how much of a difference do the resisters make?

The resistors help get the CDI box where it "sees" the proper ohm loads. This ensures box longevity. The additional load from running without could potentially damage the box (though there have been plenty of people run these without resistors for years without problems).

Latest posts

Back