VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gasem

Reaction score
OK I am almost certain these people were out of Wisconsin but I don't have their info anymore and I will need a set of black inlays for my new scoop.

Anyone know have info on them?

I'd be interested in these too, I've unsuccessful in my search too. I may have to resort to my crappy painting skills...although Dannymax has given me some tips to try! :thumbs up:

Ill be seeing my friend this week who does vinyl work.

ill see if he can do them, reasonably

ive been wanting these myself

THAT is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Andy!

Chris

Here's the inlays I have currently. For Ragingmain

See the black letters in the scoop? They are usually just gray and life less...

Attachments

• 100_2394.jpg
    100_2394.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 708
OK I am almost certain these people were out of Wisconsin but I don't have their info anymore and I will need a set of black inlays for my new scoop.

Anyone know have info on them?

Chris. Mask it off good, paint it black and remove any overspray with Goo Gone to reduce any clear coat damage. I did it to mine nearly 2 years ago and they still look great.

I was thinking of doing it that was as well Clay.

I just thought I would try this way first.

I was thinking of laying masking tape over yamaha, then taking an exacto-knife and cutting out the letters and then painting it all black.

I've also used Vaseline in the past... Coat everything you DON'T want painted with the Vaseline and paint. Let dry and then wipe Vaseline off... Actually worked well.

Chris

OK Andy's the BOMB! I sent 13 USD to Carrie via paypal address: [email protected]

Put a note in there stating I wanted the Vmax "YAMAHA" inlays in black and she will ship them out!

Price is subject to change!

SWEET!

Now hopefully when I get them they are right.

Chris

P.S. I have added them as a vendor of Vmax items in the VMF links page.

Looking for a look kinda like this?
th_DSCF0117.jpg

Yep! I am actually trying to make the left side look like the right now that I had to get a new scoop.

Chris

mine are actually painted, I had my brother paint them after i polished them, once i fork out the cash for chromed ones I will have those done also. that little bit of contrast really makes the scoops look good!

I'm not sure exactly how he did it. He does paint and body work at a hot rod shop for a living so he knows all the tricks. It is a gloss black that matches the frame paint. it is inlayed though, the letters are not flush with the rest of the scoops.

Interesting about syringe and filling up the letters.

I am also looking to do this.

I was considering the masking off - but that's *A LOT* of work / time.
That syringe idea is a great idea...I think you would want to cut the paint enough to actually flow though.

THAT'd be the tricky part.

Otherwise you'd goop it and I doubt it would look good - but if you thinned it juuust enough to be runny enough to spread.
________
easy vape

Last edited:
You can get a product called liquid masking film I think is avalable at art supply stores, you apply it and cut and remove were you want to paint, then remove the rest after painting

I received mine in a VERY timely manner and installed them last night into my new scoop and they fit great. There's detailed instructions and all!
smil458b0402ebcbc.gif

I've added them into the VMF links page.

Cheers,
Chris

I received mine in a VERY timely manner and installed them last night into my new scoop and they fit great. There's detailed instructions and all!
smil458b0402ebcbc.gif

I've added them into the VMF links page.

Cheers,
Chris

They look pretty good. I just emailed asking what colors they're available in. Has anyone done other colors to match they're paint or is black The color of choice??

Latest posts

Back