New Megasquirt version

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

And here there could be a problem.
You see, this R1 sensor runs with 8 teeth:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-0...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336120231d

What will happen when R1 sensor gets 36 teeth?

Itallian (Fabio&Luca) guys who plays with MS some time ago have some "out of synch: problems". They were using stock VR sensor.

I think my dear Schultz that we may have found the couse of problems with some sensors and 36 teeth wheel :clapping:

Im still digging the industrail sensors manufacters but I think we will stick with AITEK.
AITEK makes "typical speed sensors" so IMO theres no sense to dig it more.

http://www.ai-tek.us/passive_speed_sensors.html

http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/36-1.htm

http://www.megamanual.com//ms2/pickups.htm Another possible cause of synchronization problems, too wide a tooth on the pulley, a native sensor millimeter width of the plate 2 ... and the width of the thickness of the tooth seems to mm 5 is a dog could dig. large disturbance.
http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/36-1.htm

You need to machine a separate 36-1 flywheel and place it like Fabo/Luca, bolt on behind the stock flywheel.
Thats the best what You can do and for sure dont ever have a problems with this.
Perfect signal is required for good tunning.

I can help You with machining the 36-1 flywheel but that wont be fast as Im a busy man recently.

I think we should create a kit for anyone.

Megasquirt 3, simple manifolds, all project tips and drawnigs.
Step by step tutorial.

I wonder how many will be intrested :ummm:

Maybe someone wish to become a sponsor? :)

I think we should create a kit for anyone.

Megasquirt 3, simple manifolds, all project tips and drawnigs.
Step by step tutorial.

I wonder how many will be intrested :ummm:

Maybe someone wish to become a sponsor? :)

interest will be enough. but there are a lot of problems. In addition to the problems and difficulties with the specified disks will still have a problem with intake. so it makes sense to do naprvlenie gradual transition to the injector. type-first translate the ignition, then the injection. sponsors is unlikely that a draw. :) Maybe then, when would be the first repeatable results ... about machining the flywheel, thanks for the help:) of course you need. it is good that not once, resources are still unavailable. Yes, and the flywheel must be found closer to you. :) Sending to you and back again, I fear, will cost in the price of a pair of old flywheel:) probably easier and cheaper to buy somewhere close to you, to make it and send it to:) yes, and most importantly, where do we bother? Victory would still be a Us:):punk:

interest will be enough. but there are a lot of problems. In addition to the problems and difficulties with the specified disks will still have a problem with intake. so it makes sense to do naprvlenie gradual transition to the injector. type-first translate the ignition, then the injection. sponsors is unlikely that a draw. :) Maybe then, when would be the first repeatable results ... about machining the flywheel, thanks for the help:) of course you need. it is good that not once, resources are still unavailable. Yes, and the flywheel must be found closer to you. :) Sending to you and back again, I fear, will cost in the price of a pair of old flywheel:) probably easier and cheaper to buy somewhere close to you, to make it and send it to:) yes, and most importantly, where do we bother? Victory would still be a Us:):punk:

I have a second pre 90 flywhell on hand. I think they were the same trough all years, only ignition protrusions were diffrent.
I can make the 36-1 flywheel bolt on if that will be needed.

Again, who is intrested with EFI-everyone can do-PROJECT?
Im sure when a couple people will work togheter it can be very intresting.

I can design the manifolds and match TB's who already began some time ago.
I can design the 36-1 flywheel.
I can tell what sensors to use and tell which settings I will be going with anyway.

Last edited:
lots of people would be interested. As always I can try and supply and OEM parts for testing. Some machine work and or general fab. Fargo (RagingMain) already has a big start on some of the needed stuff.

Sean

People!
Sean is the THE MEN!

Sean, I would need BAD pickup coil sensor from You.
I have a spare pre 90 flywheel. Do You think that they're the same form behind where 36-1 tothed wheel supouse to be(fabio/luca patent)?
I will try to design the bolt-on 36-1 flywheel.

I will try to finish manifolds and tb's this winter, weld a bung to my mark exhaust and collect some sensors.
I have TB's already.
The choice is GSXR 1000 K1/K2.

Theres also a plan to control second butterflies with standalone device.

What really stops me is the funds for MS3. I cant afford it for now.
Also some time ago my AFR meter fried badly so I would need to buy a new one but, this is also out of my range for now. I will buy it eventually.
I already have some another investments.

Im not offering machining anythig to anybdy becouse Im done with this after I will sell my last rim and my current complete rear end.
I dont want to end like Gary...

I could be a guinea pig and mechanical designer.

EDIT
I also found 50$-new external fuel pump from car.

Sorry guys you lost me after the first few first post of the thread :ummm:
Might sounds like a stupid question but what will be the benefit of an EFI vs a stock carb setup ?

the situation personally with me about this. megaskvirt ready and on stand and it works. intake manifold ready and requires only a place. fuel pump yet but in spring I think everyone will stand, and to, basically, no problem. you can always hang outside. alfomer lies in a box:) Personally, I have now a problem in the control pulley with 36-1 tooth.
satariel666-if you can make defining the pulley-voiced, please cost (preferably with a view of Perez) if all turns out, think about how to do better and try to do. Incidentally, I have a homemade controller for ls-1, I can send. In principle, it unequivocally people work, but I'm not sure at the expense of the analog output. I personally only use digital for work. if you know any intelligent electronics, can send, can you than help. in this particular experiment is good in principle, almost all users will have much in common. regardless of the chosen system and configuration. what is a basic difference-in tables for the correction of the filling and the ignition angle, in principle, a very important part. Fuel is constructed automatically, requires no special knowledge, angle has a much lower value and impact, there is a ride averaged installation ..

I can make You a 36-1 flywheel but Im not a fast person so it will take time.
If You could send me a ls-1 controller that would be great!

Give me some time and I will check what kind of metal i have to machine.

But You must deciede what sensor are You planning to use.
I must desgn the specific 36-1 pulley for specific sensor.

Latest posts

Back