Yamaha unwraps super cruiser Venture motorcycle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The New Gen vmax engine didn't meet Euro emissions and why the Vmax is now bye-bye. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Wouldn't *

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope! Too late. You said "would"!!! LOL

It's a shame that an opportunity (in my opinion) was missed. It's also a shame that we don't have an edit button to fix our posts :biglaugh:

Im a 1st gen Venture owner and active on a great Venture forum, and when speak of a long anticipated 3rd gen Venture was announced months ago the speculation went wild. Many of us were all but sure we would get a really fucking nasty V4 super cruiser based on a retuned 1700 V4. Excitement and speculationran rampant. As Yamaha released 3 cheesy videos with no tech info at all there started to be some doubt about a V4.

The unveiling was a huge let down for a strong majority of us, a few like it and near as I can tell almost nobody plans to drop $28k on one. An air cooled narrow angle twin... Shit. Im most put off by the fact that it is called a Venture, which has been most well known in 1st and 2nd gen for that liquid cooled stompy long lasting V4. Also really put off by the fact that they generated so much hype but never gave us any real info that it would be a 1000 lb turd with a twin, I would have appreciated more transparency from Yamaha on this upcoming product rather than the big secret game followed by a motherfucking twin cruiser with a REDLINE UNDER 5000 RPM!!!! Hp well under 100. It should have gobs of torque and a very low cruising RPM with the double OD 6 speed, but $28k!!!

This is not the Venture we were looking forward too, its missing everything that defines Venture. I cant believe Yamaha let us go on thinking we might get an actual Venture. Why wouldnt we think it would have a 1700 V4. I know I'm not alone in my crushing disappointment. Yamaha and their big secret, much hyped unveiling... Im test riding a K1600 next week. Im keeping my Venture and Vmax but from now on Im going back to BMW and Triumph. Yamaha lost me overg giving me motorcycle blueballs.

So Harley starts making liquid cooled motors and Yamaha starts making air cooled.

:ummm:

The absence of the V4 was a major dissapoint to many more than just me. Even a liquid cooled version of the 113 would be understandsble, kind of. The lawn mower engine was a real shocker. I think most of us expected better things from a known excellent manufacturer.

Im a 1st gen Venture owner and active on a great Venture forum, and when speak of a long anticipated 3rd gen Venture was announced months ago the speculation went wild. Many of us were all but sure we would get a really fucking nasty V4 super cruiser based on a retuned 1700 V4. Excitement and speculationran rampant. As Yamaha released 3 cheesy videos with no tech info at all there started to be some doubt about a V4.

The unveiling was a huge let down for a strong majority of us, a few like it and near as I can tell almost nobody plans to drop $28k on one. An air cooled narrow angle twin... Shit. Im most put off by the fact that it is called a Venture, which has been most well known in 1st and 2nd gen for that liquid cooled stompy long lasting V4. Also really put off by the fact that they generated so much hype but never gave us any real info that it would be a 1000 lb turd with a twin, I would have appreciated more transparency from Yamaha on this upcoming product rather than the big secret game followed by a motherfucking twin cruiser with a REDLINE UNDER 5000 RPM!!!! Hp well under 100. It should have gobs of torque and a very low cruising RPM with the double OD 6 speed, but $28k!!!

This is not the Venture we were looking forward too, its missing everything that defines Venture. I cant believe Yamaha let us go on thinking we might get an actual Venture. Why wouldnt we think it would have a 1700 V4. I know I'm not alone in my crushing disappointment. Yamaha and their big secret, much hyped unveiling... Im test riding a K1600 next week. Im keeping my Venture and Vmax but from now on Im going back to BMW and Triumph. Yamaha lost me overg giving me motorcycle blueballs.

I owned a 88 venture before I went to the VMAX and I agree with you totally. I actually like the looks of it but it was all over once I seen the v-twin.That stopped me in my tracks.What a disappointment..

For me, it's just another overpriced, overweight, techno gadget filed, air cooled vtwin powered touring bike that looks pretty much like all the other ones it this category, except for the Goldwing - yawn....

Mike

950x534

Even at 56 yrs of age, I'm not ready to retire and start riding a couch on wheels, but I will admit it's not a bad looking touring machine, save for the fact that it sorely needs the 1700 Max motor....

Back