R1 regulator location

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid about $30 for an FZ1 regulator/rectifier similar to this....

s-l1600.jpg

and it would get pretty warm to the touch when I kept it under my seat, so I relocated it under the rear fender.

What's in the pickup?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The pickup has a big block 540, dynoed at 695 hp. Rear end is a 9" ford with an adjustable 4 link but i can't get it to hook up that great. Time in the quarter is slower than a Vmax but the speed crossing the line is higher. Need to try better tires. Right now they are 345/55R15 BFGoodrich Drag Radials.

Installed mine in the LH scoop and have had zero issues. Eastern Beaver has some nice waterproof connectors made for those R&R's, I added dielectric grease in all of the connectors just to be safe.

View attachment 56326

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

EDIT: Picture added for reference

I picked up mine from a Yamaha side by side but it carries the same part # as a early 2000's R1 and other models from Yamaha in that era. It does get warm but never too hot to put your bare hand on the scoop.

I picked up mine from a Yamaha side by side but it carries the same part # as a early 2000's R1 and other models from Yamaha in that era. It does get warm but never too hot to put your bare hand on the scoop.

I thought about installing mine there inside the left scoop or up front between the fork tubes, and even the spot under the bike where my old horn used to sit, but I wasn't too keen on the idea of running the extra length of wires...

Back