Oregon VMax Mechanic

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushwacker

Reaction score
Hey Guy's,

So does anyone know of a good reliable mechanic that knows what there doing around a Vmax here in Oregon. I live in the Portland area "Clackamas". If it was winter I would probably take a stab at doing some of the work myself, but with it being summer I don't want the beast off the road any longer than need be. What Im looking to do is get rid of the T-Boost mod this bike came with when I bought it and get it back to a stock state. Then work on getting it to where I want it power wise.

Thanks much.

Bush :cheers:

Hey Guy's,

So does anyone know of a good reliable mechanic that knows what there doing around a Vmax here in Oregon. I live in the Portland area "Clackamas". If it was winter I would probably take a stab at doing some of the work myself, but with it being summer I don't want the beast off the road any longer than need be. What Im looking to do is get rid of the T-Boost mod this bike came with when I bought it and get it back to a stock state. Then work on getting it to where I want it power wise.

Thanks much.

Bush :cheers:
So this is all here-say, but when I bought my 05 from Sublimity Power sports which is about 20 minutes out of Salem the sales guy, who was very good to work with, said the lead mechanic there had experience with the vmax, because I asked about who looked it over when it came in on trade. What that means exactly? Your guess is as good as mine, but it might be something to look into. I know with as big as the dealership is they will have a warranty on the work.
You might be just as well off at any reputable dealership, or mechanic in Portland though for that matter.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

The problem Im coming up against is almost know one works on anything older than 10 years now day's. I can only find two guys here locally that have some knowledge. I was just hoping someone here knew of a good tech that has worked on there bike and was satisfied.

The problem Im coming up against is almost know one works on anything older than 10 years now day's. I can only find two guys here locally that have some knowledge. I was just hoping someone here knew of a good tech that has worked on there bike and was satisfied.
I have the same problem with my 85'

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Just found out that my VMAX mechanic Ron Hopkins is now working for Vicious Cycle 8828 SE Division Street Portland OR 97266 (503) 285-8824 He does not have his dyno anymore but you can't find a better VMAX mechanic around the Portland / Clackamas area.

By the way Bushwacker, you're right in my neighborhood! A longtime friend of mine just picked up his first Max (1995) we should hang for a ride sometime!

Latest posts

Back