DDM Tuning.... ugh

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnelly317

Reaction score
Well just sharing a little of my experience of the company.. I ordered a HID light like many of us have.. almost two weeks and still not here. The company says its out of CO....... BUT my like is being shipped from China with a Chinese tracking number?????!!!!! Wtf!!!!! anyone else have this problem???? They charge you twenty something dollars and it gets shipped from china! Pritty pissed abiut it. I couldve went on ebay saved 30 dollars and got a chinese HID kit

So many guys have had a good experience with them. I'll be watching this thread before I make a final decision about who to buy from.

Los vegas NV my bad not CO. And yes I know that's why I went threw them. Unless they were out of stock but still.. $22 to ship something that would fit in a 6 dollar priority mail flate rate box! Just frustrates you SLIGHTLY.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I've had multiple ddm kits in-use in the household & am satisfied w/their function for the low beams. The highs, not-so-much. When I got them, the labeling on the box was the only way I could tell 'em apart, before I plugged them in. They looked identical, but they functioned differently. Same degrees K ratings, lows lighted instantly but the high beams took awhile, so I went back to halogens for the highs. This is on cars & trucks w/different bulbs for low/high. It took about 2 wks for my kits to come, but that was about it.

I've too ordered from DDM Tuning with success. I purchased the hi/low 55w 6000k setup. The bulb is no longer fits stock housing. You need to modify the housing. If my bulb goes bad, I'd suggest just get the low bean since the dual hi/low is the same bulb just reangled. Youll never use the high beam once going to HID.

Kit is still not in if it doesn't come tomorrow I'm calling them to give them a piece of my mind this is BS

Tracking still says china. I ordered the light april 5

I've too ordered from DDM Tuning with success. I purchased the hi/low 55w 6000k setup. The bulb is no longer fits stock housing. You need to modify the housing. If my bulb goes bad, I'd suggest just get the low bean since the dual hi/low is the same bulb just reangled. Youll never use the high beam once going to HID.

Never use a high beam is this from a city/suburb perspective?? I live in the country deer and wildlife everywhere I can't see me never using a high beam

Hi Matthew, I'm writing in regards to the delay we're have with the package at the New York USPS sort facility. *We've been working with them trying to get an update on the packages since last week. *They told us they had the packages and everything would be updated by the end of Friday 4.19.13, which didn't happen as promised. *I'm waiting to hear back with an update and an explanation for the delay. * In the meantime I can offer $10 of LEDs as compensation for the delay. * We're keeping our eye on the packages and will inform you as soon as we have more info. Best regards, Leif Bronn

I got an email from them after I called yesterday

Matt,

Believe me its hard to believe, but once you go HID, you dont need high beam! Its a crisp pure white beach with a broad spectrum that lights up everything so much better than before. I drive down the highway and I can see almost a mile down the road the overhead signs glistening with my bright white lights. Also, I know its not blinding my oncoming traffic since nobody flashes their lights at me in the past couple of years.

See is believing!

Never use a high beam is this from a city/suburb perspective?? I live in the country deer and wildlife everywhere I can't see me never using a high beam

I had HID in my bandit 1200 but the whole socket of that 1200 is messed up from factory. Never got around to putting different sockets in it. Maybe that would make a difference.

Package has been resolved will be here in 1-2 days.. now just to figure out what the hell I'm going to spend 10 dollars of LEDs on lol

I bought a hi/low beam setup from them too, I got mine in 3 weeks from order placement. The things I did not care for was how much excessive wiring between bulb and other parts of the system, I could have placed everything else behind the rider area. My next issue was every time I hit a hard bump or had hard jar from the roadway, the light turned off and then would come back on, after checking all the connectors many times I could never get that problem out, then on one night run the light stopped working, and had no headlight at all, after 12 miles of riding in the dark, thanks to the brightness of the marker/ turns I was able to get home with a amber light, I was pissed that the light only lasted less than 2 months. When I called customer service for help, I got even more pissed. I was told to change the right side to the left like I had muti lights on my bike and I told them it was on a bike, I was told they do not warranty any of the systems used on a motorcycles, WTF they listed as a useable part on the MAX. So I tore their system off my bike and replaced to the normal headlight, I was very happy with the amount of light that got from HID system but will never install another one, too many issues for me, personally.

I bought a hi/low beam setup from them too, I got mine in 3 weeks from order placement. The things I did not care for was how much excessive wiring between bulb and other parts of the system, I could have placed everything else behind the rider area. My next issue was every time I hit a hard bump or had hard jar from the roadway, the light turned off and then would come back on, after checking all the connectors many times I could never get that problem out, then on one night run the light stopped working, and had no headlight at all, after 12 miles of riding in the dark, thanks to the brightness of the marker/ turns I was able to get home with a amber light, I was pissed that the light only lasted less than 2 months. When I called customer service for help, I got even more pissed. I was told to change the right side to the left like I had muti lights on my bike and I told them it was on a bike, I was told they do not warranty any of the systems used on a motorcycles, WTF they listed as a useable part on the MAX. So I tore their system off my bike and replaced to the normal headlight, I was very happy with the amount of light that got from HID system but will never install another one, too many issues for me, personally.

That's one shitty story!!! I know at the time you were probably pissed but did your trouble shoot at all? Did the ballast go or just the light? Sounds like there was a problem from the get go that shouldve been resolved. If the light had gone there might have been an internal defect and or ballast internal defect. I would say light more but you wouldn't know unless you trouble shoot. But very shitty man. I had no problems on my bandit for the yr and a half I had the system on but I also bought it somewhere else and it was 189 for the kit low and high bulbs and two slim balast

If this one fails my expectations ill just order this kit.
http://www.motorcyclehidlights.com/...-c-93_460/digital-hid-kit-slim-ballasts-p-209
Its the one I had ob my bandit they were very helpful. They sent me wrong bulbs h4 so I called and told them my system was 9005 and 9006 one bulb each. They were very sorry sent me 2 9005 and 2 9006 bulbs so I had spares and got to keep my H4 They sent so I have 2 spare H4 Bulbs also!!

Latest posts

Back