How does a VMAX compare to a V65 Sabre?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ed I think you Were a lot younger And a lot dumber When you had your v65. Hondas are for girls Keep a penis on it And by a Yamaha Vmax. W hat up gargoyle.

I have both a 85 V65 Sabre and a 2005 VMAX. I was surprised that the VMAX wasn't as fast although I think the VMAX is a much, much better ride. The suspension and brakes are obvioiusly much better on the VMAX but there is 20 years of technology difference. Even with the big difference in age, I consistently beat the VMAX by about a tenth of a sec in 1/4 mile. 11.6 on the V65 and 11.7 on the VMAX. No question which sled looks better. The 65 was my first bike so it has sentimental value to it.

I think in reality the 2005 Vmax is still 1985 technology....No real changes except two pot fronts and a little bigger forks.....

I've owned both as well, not at the same time...V65 was a very comfortable ride, so is the Vmax with the right seat...

Yeah that. That was part of it's appeal to me. Bikes were the best thing to come out of the 80's and I love all of their terribly framed undampened drive glory. Getting a bike from the 80's that just happened to be made in the 2000's was a perk.

Ed I think you Were a lot younger And a lot dumber When you had your v65. Hondas are for girls Keep a penis on it And by a Yamaha Vmax. W hat up gargoyle.

The max was Yamaha's answer to the v65 and all signs point to it being the faster bike. Maybe you were just a bit slimmer when you were younger and running your v65 around?

Latest posts

Back