Ambulance Repairs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gulrok

Reaction score
I'm not one to beg.

But the company I work for has long overdue needed repairs on our ambulances. Only having 1 ambulance available for the duty crew is beating the one good ambulance to shit. We run about 1,800-2,000 calls a year or about 5+ calls a day. While we're not the busiest squad around it does take it's tolls on our only ambulance.

https://www.gofundme.com/fix-2316

I put a gofundme out there. All I'm asking if that you share it on your facebook or with your friends.

Thank you everyone!

That is a great question.

Depends on what your health insurance is. The town I work in isn't an amazing town. We're filled with low income families, old folks, sovereign citizens, gangs, and psychiatric rehab facilities.

So.. the best answer depending on if it is medicaid, or medicare you're looking at $60 (caid) -$200 (care). If it is a decent non-state insurance you may get a few hundred as well. Car insurances are average as well. Probably half or so of the patients I transport don't have insurance.

It isn't a great answer, but some days we're definitely in the negative. Some days we run our asses off, and transport car accident after accident. As for how are we financially? Well... we wouldn't be asking for assistance if we weren't desperate for it... but I don't have a record of the books.

There are towns that Ive worked for that have done a "mil" tax increase, which is a 10th of a penny. Other places have increased the water bill 1 or 2 dollars a month, and that money would go strictly to the ambulance.

Also too......do you know how you are actually doing (IE your management.....or are you strictly on a truck?)

Every ambulance I know of is in the red......and thats because of HOW things are billed, and how things are figured.

So....lets say that you run a call, and you bill 1000 dollars for it. You use 50 dollars worth of supplies, you pay the medics 50 dollars for the hrs worth of work, and you use 50 dollars of diesel. So, you will for 1000 dollars, insurance pays 800, and you have 150 dollars in costs, so your 650 in the black.....right? WRONG....you billed for 1000 dollars, and you only collected 800, so your 200 dollars in the hole.

Every ambulance service that i know is in the hole.

Also too......do you know how you are actually doing (IE your management.....or are you strictly on a truck?)

Every ambulance I know of is in the red......and thats because of HOW things are billed, and how things are figured.

So....lets say that you run a call, and you bill 1000 dollars for it. You use 50 dollars worth of supplies, you pay the medics 50 dollars for the hrs worth of work, and you use 50 dollars of diesel. So, you will for 1000 dollars, insurance pays 800, and you have 150 dollars in costs, so your 650 in the black.....right? WRONG....you billed for 1000 dollars, and you only collected 800, so your 200 dollars in the hole.

I know nothing of ambulance services but I know that tactic well. My boss used to use it all the time.

Eh, I'm the "quartermaster" of the department. I also ride full time on the truck.

As for how we do, I know a lot less of our actual finances. Our township recently gave us the middle finger due to politics with our chief. They dropped us from their insurance (building, rigs, workmans comp etc) which added thousands extra every month for bills. So be fair though, they did drop the building insurance over a year before they informed us of the change.

Back