Urge to modify the max... But.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killjoy

Reaction score
I'm considering saucing up my Max to my liking. But I'm considering getting my hands on everything I need to but it back to original first, and if I could get it all back to Oem, knowing it would be worth more in the long run, maybe I'll keep it that way... Opinions? I'm missing very few pieces.

I'm considering saucing up my Max to my liking. But I'm considering getting my hands on everything I need to but it back to original first, and if I could get it all back to Oem, knowing it would be worth more in the long run, maybe I'll keep it that way... Opinions? I'm missing very few pieces.

Check NADA you'll be shocked!

I'm only missing the muffler, center stand, blinkers, mirrors,tool kit and the reflector under the rear seat. All of which pops up on eBay every once in a while. But the bike would probably be much happier all original.

I'd do it up whatever way makes you happy. I don't think you're going to get much money for any gen 1 unless it's a low mileage, all OEM '85

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There's too many Gen 1 Vmaxes out there to make them valuable/collectable.

Personally, I would modify it the way you like it and ride the hell out of it.

Mike

What's the point in owning something off the factory line that some Joe down the street could have. Personalize it. Make it yours, make it stand out and scream look at me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check NADA you'll be shocked!

Yah,you are right.But the thing is,try to find a good one for that price.Most all that you find at NADA price is used up and in pretty rough shape not to mention cut up and modified in a way that you don'like.

What's the point in owning something off the factory line that some Joe down the street could have. Personalize it. Make it yours, make it stand out and scream look at me.

Not every joe wants to find an all original 1985 vmax with low miles. Most Joe's will walk into a Harley dealership and buy a piece of mass produced originality.

Not every joe wants to find an all original 1985 vmax with low miles. Most Joe's will walk into a Harley dealership and buy a piece of mass produced originality.

I'm sure in their prime all factory they were wonderful. I fell in love with these bikes when I was a kid, and now that I own one, modifications are hard to resist. To each their own, we have to please nobody but ourselves when it comes to stock vs modified. Harley's are overrated bikes in my opinion.

I'm sure in their prime all factory they were wonderful. I fell in love with these bikes when I was a kid, and now that I own one, modifications are hard to resist. To each their own, we have to please nobody but ourselves when it comes to stock vs modified. Harley's are overrated bikes in my opinion.

X2!
I was looking for a mostly stock Max. I don't know why.
I found a stock one.
I wanted one also from back in 85....My wife and I got married and started a family and she said No Way to the max till kids were older.
Well 25yrs later SHE get's a Scout! Midlife crisis!
I said to myself, ok time to look for the bike I always wanted.
I grew up around Harley's.
All my uncles had/have them, my brother....
They do nothing for me. Over priced and 50hp.
The only one I would have bought and I rented once, was a V Rod. That was nice and has up to date engine/power.
Not hating on them, just not my cup of tea.

Yah,you are right.But the thing is,try to find a good one for that price.Most all that you find at NADA price is used up and in pretty rough shape not to mention cut up and modified in a way that you don'like.

True, there aren't a lot of them out there....probly why they're valued in the $12K range....but there are still some. I found this one..... #0286, 1-owner, 4700 mi. '85 on Cycle Trader in Feb of this year, been sitting in a Calif. garage unused since '87 or so.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Back