V-Max #4?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
Found one in the area (actually 2 hours away - small sacrifice).
1993 / 30,000 miles / $2,500
It's nice, but needs a valve cover gasket and rear tire. The rear tire is square and bald in the center. I told him I've seen that before on mine. LOL :biglaugh:
Runs good and clutch holds well.
My 4-into-4 custom exhaust pipes are being shipped here from Hungary.
The owner misplaced the title. He will apply for a lost title Monday and let me know when it arrives. The wait is killing me. :confused2:

I've had big difficulty with my picture hosting website, Photobucket. That's become a horrible website. I've never seen a website with so many ads and crap. But I'll try linking a picture below. :bang head:

1_zpswi0gwt4m.jpg

Pay-up to use the links on another site, like here! Don't bother, the cost is ridiculous.

A good price for a VMax if everything is OK. And the 1993 has the updated ignition system (starting 1990), the larger-diameter front downtubes and sliders, the 4-pot front calipers, easily adapted to the 1994+ FZR 1000 six-pot calipers,& the 298 mm rotors in-front.

Photobucket just gave a giant middle finger to all of it's users by disabling all third party links to photos stored there, unless you want to cough up $400 (a year) for a "premium" account. There are billions and billions of now broken links online, with the original image replaced by their "update your account" ransom image.

Just use google drive, free for 15gb and no issues linking photos.

But yeah, sounds like a decent deal. Lost titles are generally a deal-breaker for me. Can agree on a price, but no money changes hands until they find or replace the title. Surprising how often I've run into that- owner thought they had the title, but never bothered to look for it prior to selling the bike and then can't find it.

Yeah, a 'lost title' is 'no title.' In the Florida DMV you can go online to find your title and just request an electronic title, and do a title transfer, but obviously, the name on the title has to match the applicant.

Yeah, I went in with eyes wide open. When we agreed on the sale, he removed it from Craigslist, and didn't ask for any money down, but I offered. He sent me a text today and said he should have a new one in 7-10 days. Seems legit at this point.

When (if) you get the bike, And you get it sorted out, we need to go riding together sometime. I'm about 90 miles southwest of OKC.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

DONE DEAL. LAST FRIDAY I PUT V-MAX #4 IN MY GARAGE!!!​
:eusa_dance:

Matched the VIN and everything is fine. Rode it to church this morning. I told people I had to... it's got a bad spirit in it. Ha ha ha.

Next maintenance: 1. Replace the rear tire. 2. Replace the valve cover gasket.

Runs very good. I'm very happy and very blessed.

Isn't it maxrom in Canada who roasts his worn rear tire before installing a new one? I cannot recall if it's a fall tradition, or a spring one.

And the Cabbage Patch outside Daytona Beach where they have a burnout pit during bike week, another place to light it up.

Do a burnout on the old tire before you replace it lol.

Let's go ride now..... lol.

I'm relatively new here at work - been here for about a month. But I managed to get into Harley / Jap bike friendly bickering already.
I rode the V-Max to work today. A Harley rider at my shop asked who parked in "HIS" spot.
Me: "That's my V-Max out there"
Him: "That's where I park."
Me: "That's all Harleys do - is park."
Him: "I'll wrap a chain around it an drag it into the road."

:rofl_200:

Just look him in the eye and say......"With a chain is the ONLY way that you will drag me, because in a heads up race, you dont stand a chance. "

Latest posts

Back