What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rearsets!
Wow I like this a lot, I'm up high on a Corbin seat and now my weight isn't on my tailbone, but rather over my ankles.
They were pricey (Boxenstopp) but the fit and finish on them is top-notch. Now this bike feels fantastic compared to stock!

which ones u go with?

which ones u go with?

These are by Marz, some German company Boxenstopp works with. They are the first rearsets in his online catalog.
Except they came with a bunch of parts that I can't figure out. I don't know if somebody got confused and threw extra stuff in the box, or if it's some kind of bonus parts because I had to wait three months to get the dang things. (Not Joe's fault, he jumped through hoops to take care of this customer.) So when I get hold to a camera I need to take pics, and maybe Joe or one of you can tell me what these extra billet aluminum parts are.

These are by Marz, some German company Boxenstopp works with. They are the first rearsets in his online catalog.
Except they came with a bunch of parts that I can't figure out. I don't know if somebody got confused and threw extra stuff in the box, or if it's some kind of bonus parts because I had to wait three months to get the dang things. (Not Joe's fault, he jumped through hoops to take care of this customer.) So when I get hold to a camera I need to take pics, and maybe Joe or one of you can tell me what these extra billet aluminum parts are.

the only few things i've gotten from europe always come with a couple extras.. just incase i guess?

Put the front end back on the bike after installing Progressive springs & Ricor Intiminators. Took the stock spacer length minus the Intiminator thickness. Too much pre-load need to adjust after Thunder. Dropped the forks in the triples for time being. Completly different ride. I can actually feel the front brakes now. SS lines should make it awesome.

Put the front end back on the bike after installing Progressive springs & Ricor Intiminators. Took the stock spacer length minus the Intiminator thickness. Too much pre-load need to adjust after Thunder. Dropped the forks in the triples for time being. Completly different ride. I can actually feel the front brakes now. SS lines should make it awesome.

You went from plain jane stock to progressives with Ricor's intiminators? Tell us more! I was curious if it would be too harsh up front with the combo of those two. They keep recommending stock springs. I think if I'm going in, I want to do it all at once, including a spring change. I have intiminators sitting on my table at work. Just haven't decided if I want to add the progressives or racetech or stay stock

I didn't plan on the Ricors, I had already bought the springs when I got a good lead on the Ricors. Going from stock to both is a BIG change. Fork travel is about half of what it used to be. It has a very positive feel. Once I get the pre-load down I'm sure it will be great. Currently have about 2-1/2" of pre-load, I think 1" should do it. I cannot attribute specific handling improvments to one or the other as I have no comparison installing both at the same time.
If you have the Ricors sitting there, I would install them with stock springs to see what improvement they make before buying springs.

I went from stock springs to Progressives and it made a world of difference! No more diving under braking nor when pushing into a corner. Not a harsher ride, just a firmer and more in control feel to the forks. I'd be interested in seeing what just the Intiminators would do for the ride if you go that way Mike.

got my v-boost boots today and pu8t it back together again !
The intake manifolds I cleaned up look like new(was debating wether or not to put the covers back on or just go with that look) anyway, I couldn`t fire it up cause the battery went dead after days with no action.(there was juice just not enough to start it)
Maybe in an hour or so it`ll be ready.
We`ll see what happens in a bit.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Wasn't so much what I did today, but the collective effort of a winter and spring worth of work and money spent:

Progressive 440 Shocks
Carrozzeria Wheels (thank you Sean)
Metzler ME880 radial tires
Odyssey Battery
COPS conversion
Stainless steel braided lines
General tune-up including new plugs, fuel filter, fluid change, and recharged K&N pods
Starter clutch
Shotgunned carbs

Plan to finish buttoning everything up and sync the carbs tomorrow and then start doing test runs. As much as I've spent and invested time wise, its a miracle I'm still married! Wish me luck that everything works as planned.

I pulled the 3 wire harness's out of the OEM front signals that 82nd Cowboy gave me (Thanks again Cowboy....wouldn't even let me pay shipping....good man!!) and installed them in the black powdercoated rear signals on the '99.

Now I have signal/running lights on the front and rear. I got this thing about visibility! :surprise:

So do I so I think my next jacket is going to be high-vis yellow. I am sick of people not seeing riders.:bang head:

It's not that they don't see you. It's they don't LOOK and asses what they are seeing. They just point their eyes in the direction to satisfy the conditioned effort.
So I don't think the color of your jacket is going to make a difference.
The ones that are not going to see you, still aren't going to.

It's not that they don't see you. It's they don't LOOK and asses what they are seeing. They just point their eyes in the direction to satisfy the conditioned effort.
So I don't think the color of your jacket is going to make a difference.
The ones that are not going to see you, still aren't going to.

Unfortunately, this is prolly true!! All the lights, jackets, etc. prolly won't make much difference at all, but if they cut through the "perma-fog" surrounding just that ONE driver that was going to turn into you then it's worth it.

Unfortunately, this is prolly true!! All the lights, jackets, etc. prolly won't make much difference at all, but if they cut through the "perma-fog" surrounding just that ONE driver that was going to turn into you then it's worth it.

Too True, You have to keep an eye out for yourself. Take a look at the helmet cam vid at about the 1:20 mark. The gal saw me, and was looking right at me all the way, even when se cut me off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATUAFPOa5cc&feature=channel_page

Back on topic, I fabbed up a new midpipe and mounted my supertrapp can with 12 discs. Sounds sweet :clapping:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back