What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
heres the pics

Looks good...

:thumbs up:

These are the Flanders on my K6... The mirrors are going bye bye soon!:coolgleamA: I am going with a single left side bar end mirror...

Attachments

• 100_2105.jpg
    100_2105.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 66
i'm just getting to know my max, but i've changed the oil/filter, the final drive oil and the coolant.

i've pulled all the gaudy gold pinstripe the p/o applied.

gone over all the colored bits with polish/wax/detailer.

and ridden the thing around town every day :punk:

the poor rex is just sitting and getting jealous i think.

although i did just get back from Eureka Springs for a weekend of tearing ass around the mountains on it (ZRX)

life is good!

Many thanks to ROB06 and 4gasem for the pics.

Did something to Max today I don't normally do..... rode it dirty. Dang I hate that.

Got a very interesting package delivered by UPS yesterday :whistlin:

I've been toying around today with bottle locations and such. Actually looks like I'm going to be able to hide it under the Artfibras tail section instead of mounting it on the frame. That is of course, if I can keep the correct angle on the bottle, otherwise I'll need to change some things around.

Getting ready to also install some super led markers on the front radiator accents and license plate blinkers on the rear.

:cheers:

Neil

Attachments

• NOS_072007.jpg
    NOS_072007.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 47
Well I got sick of looking at the Max sitting in the same spot for the last 2.5 months so I said F it and mounted the stock rotors to the stock rim and the stock rim to the bike... :thumbs up:

Looks a bit goofy with the red stripe up front and nothing in back but it rolls... Got to test my cut down, rewelded, heated, bent and painted side stand too... :punk:

It all works well... NOW I want to ride this thing... :clapping:

Attachments

• 100_2357.jpg
    100_2357.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 100_2358.jpg
    100_2358.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 48
tOday i tried to fit fournales rear shocks to my max .there are several lessons to be learnt here.1]trying to pump up air shocks using a little car compressor doesn't work.2]air escapes a lot faster than when you put it in3] it was a perfect day to go for a ride after putting the oem's back onand 4] the more you do something the faster you get.5] pump up air shocks up to pressure b4 you start and don't touch the valve 6] appreci8ate what you have it maybe all you have.

Wouldn't that be 2K6? :whistlin:

For a sec there I thought you had the oldest Vmax I ever saw. :smileystooges:
I guess I am giving you the benefit of the doubt...:whistlin:

I DOUBT anyone would think it was a 1006...:whistlin:

You proved me wrong however...:clapping: :rofl_200:

All grown up

Aw shucks 4g iz just pokin' at ya.

I took a picture of my bike today.

Looks like my youngin' has grown up quicker then i realized.

Seems like only yesterday I was still changing his oil, and wiping off his dirty seat.

And now look at him 20,000 miles old.
How the time flies. :nud:

Attachments

• Al lgrown up 2.jpg
    Al lgrown up 2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 34
Re: All grown up

Aw shucks 4g iz just pokin' at ya.

I took a picture of my bike today.

Looks like my youngin' has grown up quicker then i realized.

Seems like only yesterday I was still changing his oil, and wiping off his dirty seat.

And now look at him 20,000 miles old.
How the time flies. :nud:
Poke away M8! It's all good!:clapping:

Ooh ooh ooh....

I got something...:clapping:

I removed the Cobra mirrors and installed one of these...:banana:

Low and lean now...:coolgleamA: Just need me lowered seat and it will be :coolgleamA: oh and my front wheel too...:whistlin:

Attachments

• 100_2359.jpg
    100_2359.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_2360.jpg
    100_2360.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_2362.jpg
    100_2362.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 41
Today...rode about 200 miles to help father in law with new farm building. Got rained on a bit....but I dig that...it's refreshing and it's a free wash!

Bike should be close to 64,000 miles by the time Topeka Dyno Day rolls around. Averaged 41-42 mpg this weekend. I kept it down to 3 runs over 130 mph. :)

Mark

I plugged mine into the Battery Tender this morning.
Our local paper says we've had 46 straight days of measurable precipitation here and today looks like it's going to be #47. :damn angry:

I don't ride rain anymore now that I have a choice!

Rain Rain Rain and more Rain. Is there good weather out there anywhere? Oh well gives me a little time to give the bike a little TLC. The new seat is ordered from Seans Morley,as well as the HMF 4-2 exhaust from Python Motor Sports. Addin the stage 1 kit & KN Filter as well. Should be all together in the months or so, prayin for good weather in August.

Rode about 145 miles today and adjusted the new mirror... Works great with no vib's!:clapping:

It also reiterated why I ordered Seans seat... This stocker plain sucks...:bang head:

Waited for the bike to cool then cleaned and waxed every little bit of it... Looks awesome now!

finally got some decent weather here in vt. took half the day off-talked a friend into doing the same-and headed up rt 116 thru the appalacian gap. back down the other side and returned home. bout 80 miles round trip. had to see what the max felt like in the corners with the wider rear rim and tire. plus i need to compare the difference once the R1 front end is installed. then i polished her up and put her away. as i rolled her into the shed i couldnt help but take the aprilia out for a little run. just got back and i have again reminded myself why i dont take this bitch out that often. i'm getting way to old for this lol. anyone using the turtle wax ice polish and the detailer? stuff is pretty sick. the paint looks brand new and it takes about 5 min to do all the bodywork. its the polished aluminum pieces that take forever.

later odieoh24

finished up the stock exhaust mod, 3/8 holes w/ 1/4" spacer and finished them off w/ socket head cap screw, pics will come.
oh yea and forgot to mention, 17" rear wheel will be here today, ordered the radials yesterday, and also got an awsome deal when i also ordered my race tech fork springs from U MOTORS, $103 for springs, fork oil and shipping :drool: .

thanks to Shawn Kloker for the info.

and one last thing the new set of bike nuts r on the way:banana:

Attachments

• IMG_0716.jpg
    IMG_0716.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Got a message from Bill at Wild Brothers that Carrozzeria checked out the wheel and found a part was made out of spec which caused the fitment issue I was having...

You have NO idea how big of a relief this is... I can finaly have my bike whole!:clapping: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Just need me seat from Sean and I am DONE!

OMFG! I never thought it possible!:thumbs up:

I went to a local bike night (Ducky's) and met 4warnd! Nice to meet you! Let me know about those local get togethers you are planning, please!

I went to a local bike night (Ducky's) and met 4warnd! Nice to meet you! Let me know about those local get togethers you are planning, please!

Well since you said please... :whistlin: :clapping:

So when are we doing the forks...:whistlin: :ummm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back