Stock V-max 1/4 Mile

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wheelie bars will not slow your ET down. If anything you may lose .5-1.0 MPH due to the weight. Your ET will be lower with wheelie bars due to your 60ft will be quicker. You can figure with the VMAX 16-18 lbs is equal to a .010
If you decide to put wheelie bars & struts on your VMAX you arent going to get much of a quicker ET cause now you will be spinning the tire. If you do decide to put a slick and bars on YES you will be quicker. You might as well get ready to and purchase a back-up driveshaft it will break. If you decide to go with the Heavy Duty Sprotmax driveshaft be ready to split the cases to replace the output gear on the trans.
When I take my VMAX to the track I strap the front end down, put my slick and tire on.

300.00 wheelie bars? HA Ha Good luck! here are the numbers.
Set of Pingel Wheelie Bars. Ok 300.00
Struts 85.00
Rim 600.00
Tire 175.00
$1160.00 to pick up .030 How fast do you want to go and how much do you have?:confused2:

Oops almost forgot, your clutch better be in good shape before you lauch it at 7500 with an 8.5 in slick on the rear. Add that in.. Might as well buy an old GS / KZ Dragbike for 2K and run 10.50's all day long.

:ummm::clapping:....if i run a 11.2 1/4 mile .....then add a wheelie bar and run a 10.2...i just took a sec off my time.....correct

I only took .2 off the last time I put on a bar and slick (on the same day). If you launch as good as the clutch will allow you won't gain a lot of time (with a stock motored vmax).

Sean

Wheelie bars will not slow your ET down. If anything you may lose .5-1.0 MPH due to the weight. Your ET will be lower with wheelie bars due to your 60ft will be quicker. You can figure with the VMAX 16-18 lbs is equal to a .010
If you decide to put wheelie bars & struts on your VMAX you arent going to get much of a quicker ET cause now you will be spinning the tire. If you do decide to put a slick and bars on YES you will be quicker. You might as well get ready to and purchase a back-up driveshaft it will break. If you decide to go with the Heavy Duty Sprotmax driveshaft be ready to split the cases to replace the output gear on the trans.
When I take my VMAX to the track I strap the front end down, put my slick and tire on.

300.00 wheelie bars? HA Ha Good luck! here are the numbers.
Set of Pingel Wheelie Bars. Ok 300.00
Struts 85.00
Rim 600.00
Tire 175.00
$1160.00 to pick up .030 How fast do you want to go and how much do you have?:confused2:

I won't debate the effectiveness of wheelie bars or their abilty to break parts; That's a given. But bars and struts alone WILL get you started, the whole point of bars is to be able to use the maximum traction you currently have available. If you are currently limited on how aggressively you can launch due to wheel lift OR lack of technique then they should be of benefit.

Whatever that traction is with bars it allows you to use it; and with a modicum of throttle control to use that traction more effectively AND aggressively without bringing the front end up and out of control.

If you end up simply spinning the tire your not exercising very good throttle or clutch control; which by now you should be failry good at since we've come to the point of even thinking about wheelie bars.

Someone like Sean who has brought his technique to the best it can be demonstrates that they are not really neccesary for maximum ET but for the rest of us "Mere mortals" they could possibly help.

The complete bar kit WITH struts is $313.00 from pingel.

If you want to go with a slick the standard Vmax wheel with minor modifications will accept a VW slick in 6"-15". The tire goes for around $150.00

Rusty

bars and struts are worthless with a stock tire. You'll only get wheel spin. You need a slick to use them at the same time. It must also be noted to use struts at the same time as the bars. Struts can be used alone but it's even worse for traction. Strapping the front end down does help but not a cure all for wheelies.

My best 60' with stock engined bike was 1.60's which was good enough for a high 10 sec pass. It must also be noted that weather, elevation, wind, track prep, ect... can account for a lot towards your time. We typically have weather conditions that make our effective elevation around 3500-4500 feet which is .2-.3 slower then a lower track would give.

There are mathematical equations out there that will give you a potential time your bike can run and it pretty close to actuality (for a nearly perfect run). You can find a number of video's i've posted from this last racing season to see what i'm doing at the track. Look me up as one2dmax on youtube.

Someone lighter then I would be faster too (with equal riding skills). The next closest person I have ever raced with stock engined vmax is Kevin Rowl. He's a good 35-40lbs lighter and his bike is 3" extended which allows for harder launches without wheeliing as bad. I think his personal best is 11.30's and his bike only makes around 120rwhp.

Sean Morley

ONCE I PUT THIS, BELLY PAN ON MY MAX, I WON'T CARE HOW FAST OR SLOW IT IS, BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE MEL GIBSON WOULD BE DRIVING IT ACROSS SOME BARREN WASTLAND, HIT THE V-BOOST SWITCH & DO 300 MPH INTO THE SUNSET !!!!!! "OK- OK" I WATCH TO MANY MOVIES,, 'HA-HA" !!!!!

Best time I ever got out of my 99 with marks pipes & stock jetting was 11.19 at 119 mph I did have struts 7 moved the forks up in the tripple tree I was running a Kings street tire with 20 PSI & really had no problems with spinning.

So COPRUNNER, I'm really curious....did you ever race this kid? What were the results?
I raced a early 2000's CBR600 on the highway once from a stoplight. I got him a LOT in first gear, but then I missed 2nd gear and by the time I hit 3rd he caught up to me. I'm hoping to take the bike to a TNT night at the track once I get my trans issues fixed and run up against a few friends on 600s who think they are hot shit.

So COPRUNNER, I'm really curious....did you ever race this kid? What were the results?
I raced a 600 on the highway once from a stoplight. I got him a LOT in first gear, but then I missed 2nd gear and he caught up to me rather quick. I'm hoping to take the bike to a TNT night at the track once I get my trans issues fixed and run up against a few friends on 600s who think they are hot shit.

Lots of the newer 600's run in the low 11's with an average rider and bolts ons and break into the 10's in the 1/4 with a decent rider. That would probably be a pretty close race IMO.

Yeah, the newer 600's will outrun a Vmax. But if you go up against one that is like pre-2003 or something it is probably doable.

I only took .2 off the last time I put on a bar and slick (on the same day). If you launch as good as the clutch will allow you won't gain a lot of time (with a stock motored vmax).

Sean
ON MY GSXR , I'D RUN 11'0S WITH THE STREET TIRE , WITH THE BARS - STRUT & SLICK I'D RUN 10.15'S & IF I HAD KNOWN ABOUT TYING DOWN THE FRONT END , I'D HAVE BEEN IN THE 9'S NO PROBLEM , BECAUSE IT HAD WHEEL HOP ON THE LAUNCH ! BUT IT WASN'T UNTIL THIS FORUM THAT I "NOW " KNOW WHY !...:punk:( SO THANK YOU EVERYONE ) AND IF I PUT ON AN AIR SHIFTER , I'D OF BEEN MID TO LOW 9'S ! IMO...:punk:

Last edited:
Best time I ever got out of my 99 with marks pipes & stock jetting was 11.19 at 119 mph I did have struts 7 moved the forks up in the tripple tree I was running a Kings street tire with 20 PSI & really had no problems with spinning.
SHIT , THATS GREAT !...:punk:

So COP RUNNER, I'm really curious....did you ever race this kid? What were the results?
I raced a early 2000's CBR600 on the highway once from a stoplight. I got him a LOT in first gear, but then I missed 2nd gear and by the time I hit 3rd he caught up to me. I'm hoping to take the bike to a TNT night at the track once I get my trans issues fixed and run up against a few friends on 600s who think they are hot shit.
HE NEVER WOULD ! HIS MOUTH IS BIGGER THAN HIS BALLS !:rofl_200:ONCE WE WERE ON OUR WAY TO A POKER RUN , 9:AM , ME AND HIM SITTING SIDE BY SIDE AT A RED LIGHT , WERE CRANKED UP , I PULL HIM THROUGH FIRST & SECOND , & HE LETS OUT OF IT , LUCKY FOR HIM THAT HE DID BECAUSE WE WOUND UP GETTING STUCK AT ANOTHER RED LIGHT & THERE WAS A FUCKING " COP " SITTING THERE , SO IF HE HADN'T LET OUT OF IT WE WOULDN'T OF CAUGHT THE RED LIGHT , SO YOU GUYS KNOW THAT COP WOULD OF CAME AFTER US , AND HE WOULD OF STOPPED & I " COP RUNNER " WOULD HAVE BEEN GONE " LIKE USUAL " ! BECAUSE THAT MY " ETIQUETTE " !...:punk::biglaugh::rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back