Inspection Time - (Funny)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
I am accomplishing the Hungarian registration process for my recently purchased 1999 V-Max. A requirement is to have an "originality" inspection done to ensure it's not stolen, etc. So I brought it to the local (auto) shop that does this. They pushed my bike into the service area and fired it up. My 4-into-4 exhaust is extremely loud. It startled the maintenance guys and the 4 other customers ran over to the window to see what it was. A guy at the desk looked at me with a big grin. I smiled and nodded. Pretty funny event. Most people in my Hungarian town have never seen a V-Max, so it gets a LOT of attention... mostly because of the exhaust. :eek:h yeah:

DSC_0019_zps34fa70fa.jpg

I remember the first time i saw this Evil machine in 1985 in the parking lot at work. I just coulrd`nt believe wath i was seeing. :bang head::ummm::bang head:
20 years after i brought my 1998 Vmax :eusa_dance:
It took me long to understand :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

ALWAYS knew I wanted one since my brother sold his V65 and bought the 1985 Max new. Watched him mod-monkey over the years, Kerker, Barnett, Galfer, Corbin, K+N and DJ Stage 7. Took me 25 years but bought an 06 with Ghost Flames and less than 4000 km's and ditto'd his, except a Stainless Carbon Fib Hindle.
It still gets the looks, and makes me grin EVERY ride I take on it. I now appreciate my 84 XJ more now too.

What are those pipes and where did you get them?
I've been looking for 4-4 pipes just like those for the longest time.

What are those pipes and where did you get them?
I've been looking for 4-4 pipes just like those for the longest time.

I bought the bike with them installed. The seller told me they were custom made for him. I don't know anything else. I've had the cobra system on my '85, but these are MUCH louder than they were. Nearly straight pipe sound.

I got this thing registered today. Registration cost is linked to the year of the bike and the horsepower rating. I PAID ABOUT $350 just to register it! OUCH!!!

Don't need to be in Hungary to get this reaction. That's why my Mxes are still "Cool"
to me thirty years later. I just can't bring myself to even look at a Harley.

Latest posts

Back