VMax Owner / BowHunters

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radley

Reaction score
Anyone here into bowhunting whitetail, AND owns/rides a VMax?

Also in the southcentral MN area a plus....

I don't hunt, but I do live in NW North Dakota. I have family on the east side of the state, by Fargo, and I'm there a lot with my bike in the summers.

I don't hunt, but I do live in NW North Dakota. I have family on the east side of the state, by Fargo, and I'm there a lot with my bike in the summers.

Cool man!

Have you gotten out yet on the bike this year? I have lots of work to do on mine but damn, I can't wait to get out!

I also spent some time in Wahpeton several years back.... I've been up to Grand Forks a few times as well....are those beets with that smell?

Im an avid bow hunter. I live in michigan. Grew up gun hunting whitetails my whole life. Started bow hunting 3 years ago and have 3 bow kills under my belt now. I still enjoy to gun hunt but you cant beat the rush you get bow hunting. Its up close and personal. I love it.

Im an avid bow hunter. I live in michigan. Grew up gun hunting whitetails my whole life. Started bow hunting 3 years ago and have 3 bow kills under my belt now. I still enjoy to gun hunt but you cant beat the rush you get bow hunting. Its up close and personal. I love it.

Very cool man! Thanks for sharing. I just picked up bow hunting this past winter, practiced last year and had a great rookie year. Never grew up hunting so I got into it by myself. The rush, wow. You're right. There's nothing like it. Now if there was a way to bring a big buck back on the bike.....say that 5x fast...

Very cool man! Thanks for sharing. I just picked up bow hunting this past winter, practiced last year and had a great rookie year. Never grew up hunting so I got into it by myself. The rush, wow. You're right. There's nothing like it. Now if there was a way to bring a big buck back on the bike.....say that 5x fast...
f456e6dd033967f938d3d26f99b3cc78.jpg

Already been done. Lol this is on I75 near west branch michigan. Michiganders are a little crazy somethimes!

f456e6dd033967f938d3d26f99b3cc78.jpg

Already been done. Lol this is on I75 near west branch michigan. Michiganders are a little crazy somethimes!

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! That is what I'm talkin about! Holy Crapola....LOL! love it.

Did you take that photo?

Haha i kinda wanna do it.

Umm, YEAH!

That's about as cool as it gets.... Looks like I'll have to get a hitch on my 85 and pick up a trailer as well... unless a guy goes old school with a recurve and quiver like Robin Hood, poke that big buck with a sharp stick, drag him back to the bike and throw him over the rear seat.. omg.. can you imagine...

I did some scouting in bluff country on Sunday, first time in new area. Thank the hypothetical existence of the lord that I had GPS..... at one point I thought N was S and vv..wow.

I followed main trails most of the time and got off of them as well into some sketchy new territory. At one point it started raining and I was nervous about getting out of there and back to the main trail, wow.

I found ONE sign of a big buck, huge rub from my ankles to my chin, and I'm over 6' tall.
That was cool. I found a good tree in a good spot (I think) right next to a food source off the southeast corner of the (beans I think this year) field, but getting there requires traveling along the south edge of the field, so...

It was interesting, nerve-wracking(sp?), educational and exhausting.

Hey Radley,

I was just crackin' on ya, didn't mean any harm.

I have been a bow hunter for 38 yrs.. I have been a Vmax rider for 13 yrs.

I enjoy both immensely. Some of my favorite memories have come from the bow hunting adventures that I have shared with friends over the yrs.. A lot of those adventures will make liquid shoot out of your nose if you are drinking when I recant the story because they are freakin' hilarious.

Year before last I saw a youtube video of a guy deer hunting with a self-made bow. That was very interesting so I thought I would give it a shot. So far I have made 6 bows. 4 of them broke because I tried to get too aggressive with the draw weight. Of the 2 that haven't broken I made one from a hickory wheelbarrow handle that I bought at Lowes...it pulls 52lbs. at 28" draw. The other one I made from a red oak board 3" X 66" (also from Lowes). I'm not completely finished with it, but when I am, it will have 50+ lbs. of pull.

Here in NC it is legal to feed deer year round. It's not a matter of if you will see deer but rather how many and what kind.

John

[/I]

So in North Carolina..... these "legally-fed" deer.....are they the ones that are hunted??
Please tell me I'm wrong, John!

Hey Miles,

I'm not sure that I understand the question. If you are asking if I have a deer stand overlooking a pile of corn or any other type of food source placed on the ground by me, then yes, I can tell you that you are wrong. I have never placed a deer stand any where closer than at least 200 yds. away from where I place food on the ground. 50 yds. is a long shot on the 55 acres that I own because of the lay of the land and the thickets interspersed throughout it.

If you are asking if I keep the "legally-fed" deer separate from all the other deer wandering around the forest and strictly abstain from their harvest, then no, I cannot say that you are wrong.

In the 9 yrs. that I have owned and hunted this land I have only chosen to harvest 3 deer. 2 of those I chose to harvest to put them out of their misery (both of them had been hit by vehicles but survived). The other harvest was a full-on "I want some meat for the freezer" (I love the taste of venison).

But yeah, if a deer is harvested where I hunt there is a very good chance that the meat will have a corn, pumpkin, sweet potato, apple, acorn, or crunchy peanut butter taste to it.

John

I will never shoot at a deer unless he shoots first!!
I also believe in to each their own.

I couldnt do it, had a damn nice buck in the crosshairs too. I guess I just wasnt hungry enough. I see white tail here daily but a tresspasser has more to worry about than a trophy buck.

I have no issues with safety minded hunters but im more likely to shoot one with a camera.

I couldnt do it, had a damn nice buck in the crosshairs too. I guess I just wasnt hungry enough. I see white tail here daily but a tresspasser has more to worry about than a trophy buck.

I have no issues with safety minded hunters but im more likely to shoot one with a camera.
Bless your heart CaseyJones955.
I understand people have to hunt for a living as I spent time in Alaska and Texas No state any different really but they have a life here on this earth and I cannot see mine as more important. I feel lucky to be able to try and help people by communicating in a different fashion but I put out water for birds every day and love the sound of them calling to wake me up in the morning.I have feed deer apples by hand in Scotland and there is no feeling like it. Trust me as they are trusting you.

Bless your heart CaseyJones955.
I understand people have to hunt for a living as I spent time in Alaska and Texas No state any different really but they have a life here on this earth and I cannot see mine as more important. I feel lucky to be able to try and help people by communicating in a different fashion but I put out water for birds every day and love the sound of them calling to wake me up in the morning.I have feed deer apples by hand in Scotland and there is no feeling like it. Trust me as they are trusting you.

Thanks. I really enjoy the wildlife here, almost every morning there are three massive toms on my deck all puffed up and struttin' their shit, they look so juicy and delicious but somehow majestic. I think somehow they know they are safe. We usually have 30-40 wild turkeys each day chilling in the clearing. Nice white tail and last year I woke up to a giant elk right outside the kitchen window but that is rare. We have a mtn lion with cubs and she keeps her distance, thankfully. Usually only see their tracks. They were here first, unless im hungry they will live on. Besides they should be rewarded for not being people haha.

Deer sausage and jerkey are amazing, it just wont be me harvesting, they will live and die according to natural order in this valley.

Back