A letter from a friend

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaxmax

Reaction score
Got this today----He is a bike builder and customiser in Los Angeles------
Last Saturday AM I was on my way to the gym at 6:30 AM on Mr Max.I was going 30 mph on a local street with a T intersection off to the right.A car made a left turn right in front of me and ran into me.I was 4 days in a Trauma center and I find out the driver was unlicensed.

That sucks, I hope he has a full recovery.

I've been hit (thankfully never on my bike) 2 times by unlicensed and uninsured drivers.

Both of them had licenses revoked for drunken driving....both of them were drunk at the time they hit me.

Both instances cost me the deductible on my insurance policy....$500 each time and of course damage to 2 nice cars that were never the same.

I was rear-ended on the FL Turnpike by a teenage female from Jamaica. The FL Highway Patrol did the accident investigation, we exchanged insurance information, and I was on my way. The thing was, it was a brand new GMC pickup, loaded. I hadn't even made one payment on it. I think it was on the second tank of gas.

When I called her insurance co., the rep said, "give me that policy # again." Then they told me, "that's not any number sequence we use, it doesn't even have the right number of characters!" Then they asked me for the "insured's" name, and found no record of a policy by that name! Then they asked for the address, with the same results! She gave the trooper a false insurance card! I just turned it over to my insurance co. at that point.

I feel badly for your friend, but probably that driver won't spend any time in jail. He should get a judgement against them, and then keep filing it periodically to ruin their credit, whatever they have, or try to get in the future. No loans, ever, for that person. The judgements I believe have a finite enforcement time, so you have to keep the judgement active by re-filing it.

I told him 2 times in LA I had accidents on a motorcycle- 1 a drunk driver turned left in front of me and I jumped over his truck landing on my back at 40mph-9 months in Cedars Sinai. He ran and was caught later with suzuki orange paint on a crushed drivers door. Then a "U"turn in front of me and the driver gave a false insurance card. Being a process server, skip tracer and process server I found he actually had full coverage 3 months later.

Last Saturday AM I was on my way to the gym at 6:30 AM on Mr Max.I was going 30 mph on a local street with a T intersection off to the right.A car made a left turn right in front of me and ran into me.I was 4 days in a Trauma center and I find out the driver was unlicensed.
WoW sorry to hear about the mishap, that does suck big time!

I carry a 9mm, 40 S&W or 45 ACP and extra magazines for such Assholes.
Kill me the first time, it will be their only opportunity.
Get better Brother.....

This is terrible.I hate reading these posts.
I hope your friend will be okay.

I am still recovering after my accident nearly a year ago when an 82 year old went through a stop sign and hit me.

No insurance or money and then went bank rupt

never paid a cent for my medical bills or costs of being unable to work all this time.

The good news is I am walking again

I hope the best for your mate

Sorry to hear this Jon, Hopefully a full recovery happens fast. I'm still messed up from getting whacked at a stop sign last July. Totaled my full size pick up. The driver was convicted of reckless driving. She skated on a DUI at trial. Two cops at the scene testified she was under the influence but she refused the breathalyzer. Previous drunk driving record too. I almost took my bike that day. On my bike, it would have been fatal, most likely.

Back