Anyone ever jet up to 130 mph or more on the vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm more of a layed back rider,you can't get away with speeding in the uk.The speed cameras are all over the place,if you get caught doing 130 and i will i can kiss goodbye to my driving licence.Motoway speed limit in the uk 70mph,your allowed up to 10% over so 77mph max.I do like the 0-75.

Just like Mr. Bill said most of us have seen that once or twice. That speed is pretty easily reached with most any bike. My tire is still new and still has a lot of life on it. I have Bridgestone battlax Front and rear. Stock tires. They are set to owners manual specs which is 36 front 42 rear cold. On the tire itself front and rear is 42 to maximum PSI at maximum load. There's too many variables with the tires, bikes and road conditions, the way we drive, ambient air temperature just to name a few. I think if you would just go by your owners manual you'll be just fine unless you're cruising at 130 miles an hour for hours at a time. Burping the throttle and getting up to speed is what most of us do anyways. Just be careful of wobble, I've experienced it and it keeps me from doing that speed or greater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been to 135 on several occasions, a couple of them 2 up, Max was stable but I ran out of nads.......:biglaugh:........Out on the super slab I do the 85-125 roll on's all the time, mostly when i'm with other Maxers, I love the accelleration!!!.....:punk:......I run the Dunlops with pressure set at 35psi front and back.......................Tom.

Good thing about Minnesota is there are lots of back country roads that are long and straight and NO speed cameras.

Hey beekeeper what's up? Just wanted to comment on speeds of 135 two up. I recently just bought a 17 max and my wife has never been on a bike. You know the what the white light that turns on next to the TAC is. I know you know but my wife ? I asked my wife if she's ever seen the white light. We were out cruising One day about 70 miles an hour when I asked her that question. Her reply was no. I asked her if she wanted to see it. She said OK. I don't want to sound like a little boy but I kind a got a little excited. Let me tell you what I happened. I dropped it One gear at a time slowly, as I was doing so she asked what are you doing, about that time I dropped it down to the third gear. I replied I'm getting the white light turned on. Let me tell you with us both on the bike we exceed maximum weight for the bike, even so the bike still has the power to make anybody scream. It pulled like you would not believe the light came on and of course I got off the throttle. When things were calm I asked her if she saw the white light. She said no. I said oh my God. You were looking you didn't see it. She told me she had her eyes closed. She also told me we are getting too old to be doing things like this. I don't think 51 is too old its just the beginning for me. Conclusion. Just respect the max.

Hey beekeeper what's up? Just wanted to comment on speeds of 135 two up. I recently just bought a 17 max and my wife has never been on a bike. You know the what the white light that turns on next to the TAC is. I know you know but my wife ? I asked my wife if she's ever seen the white light. We were out cruising One day about 70 miles an hour when I asked her that question. Her reply was no. I asked her if she wanted to see it. She said OK. I don't want to sound like a little boy but I kind a got a little excited. Let me tell you what I happened. I dropped it One gear at a time slowly, as I was doing so she asked what are you doing, about that time I dropped it down to the third gear. I replied I'm getting the white light turned on. Let me tell you with us both on the bike we exceed maximum weight for the bike, even so the bike still has the power to make anybody scream. It pulled like you would not believe the light came on and of course I got off the throttle. When things were calm I asked her if she saw the white light. She said no. I said oh my God. You were looking you didn't see it. She told me she had her eyes closed. She also told me we are getting too old to be doing things like this. I don't think 51 is too old its just the beginning for me. Conclusion. Just respect the max.

The white light is the shift si you can go even faster :eusa_dance:

Also lower tire pressure means more surface area on road therefore more traction. So over inflating can reduce traction. Of course then more pressure would be less surface area and therefore need less power turn to achieve a top speed as quickly. So it's probably just best to go with manufacures recommendations. I'm guessing the tests they do optimize the traction and efficiency.
Just guessing here.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I've only gone just over 100 on my 94. It was fast enough for me. I once cruise about 10 miles up GA 400 going 125 racing a thunderstome home but that was on the v65 sabre I had in my younger days. It has a hondaline sport fairing and overdrive and could cruise all day long.

What did the dino read. What mods have you done.

Well that video, was of my friend Conners bike.

Here is a video of my last dyno run. Its an 86 Vmax PCW 1260. Its actually a little bit rich, so wanted to get a baseline run on it. It was 132 hp, and 82 torque.

The 07 I had at that same dyno run, and the dyno quit halfway thru the run. Here is a run that I made at the same place as Conner. It was 119.6 (I was hoping for 120 with the heavy RC wheel) and so swapped to carrozzeria wheels, and was hoping to get 123-124ish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkDf-zu8lkI&t=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jIpfPeo8Sw

My father in law bought tires for his 07 gt500, had plans on getting it to go 200 mph. Until he passed. He dropped over $2,000 on two tires to do just that. When I get time I'll go look to see manufacture, but he was told to over inflate them so many psi for speeds above 180mph per the manufacturer of the tire. I'd contact the manufacturer of your bike tire, and also find out how old your tires are. I only saw 130 three times on my 97. Once on a four lane in upstate NY. Once on a two lane back road up an 8% grade, and once on 95 in Florence SC. Factory spec. Tire pressure.

Just my opinion but I think too many are over thinking this whole speed thing, you don't spend weeks planning it, it just happens. The tires with the proper pressure will gain pressure as you ride your Vmax.

By all means be safe and if your Vmax isn't in top shape don't even try it. I have tires with 60% tread left and a new set ready to be installed but I won't try opening it up that fast with new tires.

I am no expert and this is just my opinion, if you go for it be safe, if you have any wobble at any speed don't do it.

This week is our first week of good weather for the year so I plan to take a day and clean it up and then the next 3 days riding. I will have 2 GoPros, so whatever I decide to do I will share here.

Saw 160 indicated on SkullDuggary. Was in a race with another Gen 1 Vmax. It was on a ride a bunch of us took as a Vmax group to eat lunch. I actually didn't start pulling away till 155 and had less than a mile left to bring the speed down.

Same ride, almost killed myself. Ran up on a 90 degree turn and had to come down after passing a pickup. Ran off the road to within a foot of the fence at the turn before I got her stopped.

It was an EXCITING Day.

What? Really, I guess as an old fart, I'm an exception. Bought my 85 brand new and it's seen 150+ many times! After a jetting, airbox mods, supertrapps and a great dyno tune, I can pull about 162 at a bit over 10k.

147 on my 91. Verified with the GPS and Speedo.. Both read the same. Only for a few seconds though.. Didn't want the po-po to re-verify anything.

Back