Im back, what a year.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiwi Chris

Reaction score
Ok i'm relatively new to this site. I had only been on a couple of months when life took a turn.

I discovered the 1/4 mile and how my gen 1 loves it. Ive been going to as many meets as possible. Started off really ragged, Doing everything wrong. But having a ball.

Started getting consistant and now my best time is down to 12 seconds.

I want to go faster so I will be perusing this site for tips and mods I can do. My bike is stock standard

What next.

Oh I got taken out on the motorway by a bloody cage driver who want looking. I became a pinball, hittin 3 other cars.

Good thing bike ok. Bad thing its been 3 months now and my shoulder still isnt strong enough to ride.

Severely dislocated

Broken toes and foot, multiple bruises and abrasions.

But on the mend.

Bike destroyed the engine protection bars and bent the footpegs. Nothing else.

Anyway Im back

Please excuse me if I ask stupid questions. I have a need to get faster and quicker.

Chris

Faster can come with experience. There are some things you can do to make more power on the stock engine. But, you can also do a lot with the engine internals to make more power and I can help with some of those (very expensive though).

Thats Auckland mate. One reason I escaped. Good luck.
There is a heap of info here.

A flat drag strip would help eh, not Meremere with its elevation map!

Glad that your back. Faster will come with practice. This last summer saw another member here at the strip. I was told that when he first started, he wasnt very good, but he kept practicing. I saw him rip a 10.58, and he has a reputation of perfect lights.

It will come.

My best time was at Taupo , Meremere is fun but as you say elevated.

Yep Auckland traffic is a bitch. Cage drivers dont care about anyone els

Quicker will do me. Lower ET.

Welcome to the forum and I am sure there are many who can help you. I'm just like riding, not a racer or a mechanic. This is a great forum and I am sure you will like it.

"The dumbest question is the one that isn't asked"

SkullDuggary has had engine work. Never had her on the track to get an ET but I can pull right along side an R1 in the lower gears. Upped engine compression, Upgraded and updated oiling system. Suspected other upgrades but it was done several owners ago so I'm in the dark as to the extent. Tuned to perfection, on stock carbs she ran 126.02 HP and 83.51 TQ on the dyno. Too fast for this old man anymore. Will turn the rear tire from a roll on in 1st and 2nd. Others have quickly pulled up to me and then behind me. Wonder what Shaun's carb kit might do for her but I couldn't handle it anyway.

Latest posts

Back