Bad Vmax vendor experiences...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a pretty cool big tire bike that didn't sell on ebay. You can still find it if you do a "Completed items" search. Probably email him and see what he'd take for it. The big tires look cool but aren't terribly functional for riding (and handling).

Sean

As far as the 25K thing. That really doesn't mean shit. My first bike I picked up had 10K on it. I had 4 rebuilds before 20K. A friends bike had 156 miles on it when we picked it up with a blown engine. 2nd engine went out at 1000 miles. 3rd engine made it 10K miles.

I've seen very high mileage bikes run just fine with no problems. Many of the venture cores we get have 50K and up on them and still run/drive just fine. It's all about how it was ridden.

Sean

Holy shit that was fast. Iv found allot of vmax's using searchtempest.com but most arnt custom. takes forever.

Any more?:clapping:

One thing stuck in my mind when talking to Jon. Said max engines get tired over 25K.:confused2:

This might be true if you're drag racing, they may lose a bit of power after 25K....:confused2:

But a v max driven normally.....no way. I wouldn't be the slightest bit afraid to buy one with 25K - 30K.....check it over good, maybe a compression test....should get another 25K easily! :punk:

Actually, I'd much rather get one with 25K than a older model with say 5K....something like that will prolly give you trouble.

I took my Vmax to Ehlerding Honda in Ft. Wayne Indiana for new tires a couple years back and the mechanic took my bike for a test ride. I didnt know of it until I checked on it and was told it was out on a test ride. When he returned the bike was going kaching kaching in the rear. He apparently didnt realize my 165 RWHP 1500 was a reverse shift and I didnt know my bike was going on a test ride. Dealer assumed the shaft drive was blown and said I was at fault for not revealing it was a reverse shift. Well, there is a whole lot I didnt tell them about my obviously custom Vmax! I didnt expect a mechanic's joy ride either. So I was expected to pay about $400 for their destruction. I said no way. So they didnt charge me for the tires. Great Deal. I asked to have the bike trailered back to my hotel, no can do. They did provide me a ride to my hotel to get my truck and trailer. Back home I discovered they had destroyed my Lightcon wheel driive hub. It took a month to get one from Germany. Bill Warner, Wildbros was able to get me the part and at his dealer cost. Great Guy. I didnt even buy the wheels from him. I turned in claim to my State Farm agent for vandalism. State Farm paid claim.
Soooo, Great Appreciation to Wildbros and BOOOOO to Ehlerding Honda in Fort Wayne Indiana. rick rash, Illinois

I took my Vmax to Ehlerding Honda in Ft. Wayne Indiana for new tires a couple years back and the mechanic took my bike for a test ride. I didnt know of it until I checked on it and was told it was out on a test ride. When he returned the bike was going kaching kaching in the rear. He apparently didnt realize my 165 RWHP 1500 was a reverse shift and I didnt know my bike was going on a test ride. Dealer assumed the shaft drive was blown and said I was at fault for not revealing it was a reverse shift. Well, there is a whole lot I didnt tell them about my obviously custom Vmax! I didnt expect a mechanic's joy ride either. So I was expected to pay about $400 for their destruction. I said no way. So they didnt charge me for the tires. Great Deal. I asked to have the bike trailered back to my hotel, no can do. They did provide me a ride to my hotel to get my truck and trailer. Back home I discovered they had destroyed my Lightcon wheel driive hub. It took a month to get one from Germany. Bill Warner, Wildbros was able to get me the part and at his dealer cost. Great Guy. I didnt even buy the wheels from him. I turned in claim to my State Farm agent for vandalism. State Farm paid claim.
Soooo, Great Appreciation to Wildbros and BOOOOO to Ehlerding Honda in Fort Wayne Indiana. rick rash, Illinois

Agreed! Bill Warner's the BOMB! Bought my wheels from him.

Chris

This has been a very enlightening thread to read. I do everything myself that I can, even if it's making parts. Mostly with my Stone Axe and Chisel.

I've dealt with Sean Morley , he's Great. ElectroSport in Irvine, CA was very good too. I'm sure I'll have some bad stories before this VMax journey is over. :bang head:

I just had some graphics work done on my fenders and top cover. They were just finished tonight so I haven't got it back together yet. Hope I'll be more
impressed when I do. The guy busted his butt to do the work. If anybody's to blame it's me for being too anxious. Need more patience.

This has been a very enlightening thread to read. I do everything myself that I can, even if it's making parts. Mostly with my Stone Axe and Chisel.

I've dealt with Sean Morley , he's Great. ElectroSport in Irvine, CA was very good too. I'm sure I'll have some bad stories before this VMax journey is over. :bang head:

I just had some graphics work done on my fenders and top cover. They were just finished tonight so I haven't got it back together yet. Hope I'll be more
impressed when I do. The guy busted his butt to do the work. If anybody's to blame it's me for being too anxious. Need more patience.

Dont forget to post the pics once mounted so we can see too!

There's been lots of problems with this 'test ride' bullshit. I don't go to stealers & dealers anymore but sometimes there's no choice! Sounds like you were away from home, not much for choice there.

There's no way that mechanic will know your bike like you do (chances are, he just wants to take the Vmax for a ride) so I don't think telling them, "I'll do the test ride!" is out of order....if it is, TFB, it's your bike after-all.

This has been a very enlightening thread to read. I do everything myself that I can, even if it's making parts. Mostly with my Stone Axe and Chisel.QUOTE]

Hey Dave....that's what I use for precision work!! :rofl_200: A man can do a lot with the stone axe & chisel!! :punk:

Yep, that's the big tire bike I was talking about. $8000 for an 85 without custom wheels is too high unless you were building it from scratch! I've got the 99 I just finished building with the 1300 in it we were going to sell next year. Could probably sell it about anytime I suppose. The father in law is considering selling his 85 that we built 3 years ago. It's burgundy and all black chrome. Some of the best sounding exhaust on that bike (some have heard/seen it) in person. Pics of it are on the Muscle facebook site.

I think he'd probably take $6000 for it (cost us $7500 to build). It's still stock wheels but the bike is clean enough to eat off of. We could easily add wheels and be in the same price range. It make 125 rwhp last year. Has a venture rear diff, braced swingarm, solid mounts, 2005 engine, custom exhaust, one of our jet kits, fairly new tires, Muscle seat, medium sized windshield, engine guards, Kuryakyn grips, european bars (wider then stock), napolean mirrors, late model regular, Busa 6 piston conversion, and can't even remember what else.

my 99 would be around the same price and would include a custom paint job of your choice (color and or striping), the 1300 engine we just finished building, hindle header (needs a different can which we will do), racetch equipped 2002 front end, chrome triples and upper misc stuff, Muscle seat set. Stock wheels still. Rear tire is so-so and front is good. HD clutch will be installed (has a custom red chromed clutch in it now with clear cover that you may or may not like depending on the color we paint the bike).

Sean

Negative vendor experience....Xtreme Powersports in Flemington NJ.

I ordered some oem front fork from them thinking it might be convenient because they have a small branch shop about 15 miles from me.

I got totally ripped on shipping costs, $23.20 to ship 4 little fork bushings weighing a few ounces from NJ to NY...about a 3 hour drive. It took 8 days to get to me and came in a box about the size of a shoe box! The parts were dropped in a bag and the bag dropped in the box....no effort to seal the bag or protect the parts in any way!

When I complained they e mailed me a copy of the "Terms & Conditions" which they said I had agreed to.

I informed them that their handling of disgruntled customers is just like their parts preparation for shipping....VERY POOR!

Lousy vendor, best avoided!

Thanks for the Heads up.
Dave #3505

Negative vendor experience....Xtreme Powersports in Flemington NJ.

I ordered some oem front fork from them thinking it might be convenient because they have a small branch shop about 15 miles from me.

I got totally ripped on shipping costs, $23.20 to ship 4 little fork bushings weighing a few ounces from NJ to NY...about a 3 hour drive. It took 8 days to get to me and came in a box about the size of a shoe box! The parts were dropped in a bag and the bag dropped in the box....no effort to seal the bag or protect the parts in any way!

When I complained they e mailed me a copy of the "Terms & Conditions" which they said I had agreed to.

I informed them that their handling of disgruntled customers is just like their parts preparation for shipping....VERY POOR!

Lousy vendor, best avoided!

Bought my first VMAX about 2 months ago and started searching the internet for mods. Sounded like a seat upgrade was a popular choice. Found RMSportmax and John Furbers web site. The seat looked nice on his site and I wanted one ASAP. So I ordered from his sight and even paid the extra $300 core charge so I didn't have to wait for him to get my seat. After Paypal showed he had my money I waited several days for some type of message about my order. I tried emailing him directly and asked for a projected delivery date. Got no reply. After several more days I called the phone number on his website and got his voice mail, left a message to please call me about a projected delivery date. Got no reply. After 14 days of hearing nothing and him having my money I decided to see if paypal could get in touch with him through their resolution services. With no answer as to why I would not be getting a seat Paypal refunded my entire $600. That really seems like a good way to run a business doesn't it. I then went about carving out the foam and recovering the seat myself. Not bad if I don't say so myself.
I know I will never order anything from RMSportmax or Jon Furber.:bang head:

Hah, another sportmax sucker. No offense Bro but it if you researched"seats" or RMS Before you bought, you would have known to buy a Maxgasser or Morley Muscle seat. RMS doesn't even do heir seats anymore. When he did they took countless months so actually you are getting the normal seat service. His other work or stuff he actually does himself is not so bad. You live you learn. Let this be a lesson to you to check this site first if you are a
Newbie. Of just be disappointed and pay out the ass. Welcome by the way

It's a bit harsh lol. Not everybody comes here first before getting parts, we cannot expect that too. But once you have spent hours in this forum, that opens your mind on what can be good or bad.

Even if RMS stopped that service causing issues, I don't feel that was right for customers who have the right to expect a minimum of service and feedback.
That's business, if you're not fully ready to provide a service then don't do it.

Most of the guys selling stuff for v-max are really good, except maybe 1 or 2 to avoid lol

Bought my first VMAX about 2 months ago and started searching the internet for mods. Sounded like a seat upgrade was a popular choice. Found RMSportmax and John Furbers web site. The seat looked nice on his site and I wanted one ASAP. So I ordered from his sight and even paid the extra $300 core charge so I didn't have to wait for him to get my seat. After Paypal showed he had my money I waited several days for some type of message about my order. I tried emailing him directly and asked for a projected delivery date. Got no reply. After several more days I called the phone number on his website and got his voice mail, left a message to please call me about a projected delivery date. Got no reply. After 14 days of hearing nothing and him having my money I decided to see if paypal could get in touch with him through their resolution services. With no answer as to why I would not be getting a seat Paypal refunded my entire $600. That really seems like a good way to run a business doesn't it. I then went about carving out the foam and recovering the seat myself. Not bad if I don't say so myself.

I'm not positive but I believe the owner posted something on here saying he was going on a cross country trip and wouldn't be around. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure. Still no excuse it should have been on his website.
Should have ordered a seat from Sean or from Rick maxxgasser ;)

Vmax Outlaws... I bought some idle adjustment plugs from them on 8/10. I emailed them on 8/14 to see if they'd shipped yet (there was no confirmation email from the seller for anything). No response from them. On 8/18 I received a notification that a shipping label had been created. I emailed them again on 8/24 because it was still in "pre-shipment" status. No reply. I finally opened a paypal dispute with them. Guess what? No reply but the status changed to shipped once I opened the dispute. I finally received the plugs on 8/31. It took a full three weeks to get them. It's pretty bad when a vender won't reply to emails and you have to open a dispute to get your items to ship!

Sorry about your bad experience. I second others in saying that Sean is great to deal with. Additionally, I'm just across the river on the Illinois side, if you ever head that direction, hit me up!

Latest posts

Back