Restored '88.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
Pulled this bad boy out of the garage recently, and gave it a cosmetic and mechanical restoration. I'm riding it daily, and am seeing a drop in my blood sugar. My knees are feeling a lot better, too. Sadly, there is no VBoost, and I've topped it out at only 23.5 mph....

It's a 1988 Schwinn World. Definitely old school, as far as road bikes go. Still a cool ride.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 15
Great job Bill, keep it up you will feel so much better if you add these type activities to your daily regimen. I should pull out my Mt. bike, nothing fancy; 24 speed, steel frame, front suspension. I used to ride single track 3-4 times a week when I lived in Georgia and Washington. Our local community is building a new trail that will run from a lighthouse 8 miles through the woods, a dedicated path along our main road to a state park campground which will run close to me (1/4 mile along the wooded section) so it will be really convenient.
I have lost 24 lbs. by doing intermittent fasting and adopting a ketogenic diet. In the last 11 months I've lost the aforementioned 24 lbs. but more importantly my A1C has gone from 7.1 down to 6.1. Over the last 8 years I have stopped drinking soda, reduced consumption of simple sugars and for the most part have stopped drinking alcohol. My joints do not ache as much and I feel much more energetic, but at 285 lbs. I still have a ways to go.

Great job Bill, keep it up you will feel so much better if you add these type activities to your daily regimen. I should pull out my Mt. bike, nothing fancy; 24 speed, steel frame, front suspension. I used to ride single track 3-4 times a week when I lived in Georgia and Washington. Our local community is building a new trail that will run from a lighthouse 8 miles through the woods, a dedicated path along our main road to a state park campground which will run close to me (1/4 mile along the wooded section) so it will be really convenient.
I have lost 24 lbs. by doing intermittent fasting and adopting a ketogenic diet. In the last 11 months I've lost the aforementioned 24 lbs. but more importantly my A1C has gone from 7.1 down to 6.1. Over the last 8 years I have stopped drinking soda, reduced consumption of simple sugars and for the most part have stopped drinking alcohol. My joints do not ache as much and I feel much more energetic, but at 285 lbs. I still have a ways to go.

Good to hear Brian & Bill. 6.1 is a big improvement. I was misdiagnosed and spent over a decade on insulin. I'm now on Janumet and maintain a 5.6 A1 C. and it seems to keep my weight normal. I'm to busy to gain weight lately. Exercise is mandatory for us.

Latest posts

Back